Evolving out of the firm's strong corporate and real estate practice, our Hospitality Practice offers extensive expertise in the key areas of hotel management agreements, employment and labour, intellectual property, licensing and regulatory compliance. With offices spread out across Singapore and Southeast Asia, we understand the link between the hospitality industry and regional economic activity while being positioned to meet our clients' needs at the local level.
Our Hospitality Industry Team is a multi-disciplinary group comprised of lawyers from our corporate, real estate, labour and employment, litigation and intellectual property practices.
Our lawyers have served as counsel to many leading hotel and resort developers and operators. That experience has brought us considerable insight into legal issues related to hotel, resort, timeshare, fractional, condominium and management.
Our clients rely on us for:
- Taking care of management related agreements. We will help you negotiate, renegotiate, litigate, arbitrate or terminate hotel and service apartment management agreements.
- General Commercial and Operating Issues
- Ownership and Tax Structures
- Hotel and service apartment development and construction, acquisition, disposal, joint venture and financing.
In addition to our extensive experience preparing and negotiating hotel management agreements, we also have expertise in acting on property management and hotel operational issues on an ongoing basis for various operators and owners. This expertise includes:
- administering hotel management agreements, including in relation to performance and asset management issues;
- employment and industrial relations issues;
- general litigation and debt recovery;
- facilities management agreements; and
- supply and service contracts and accommodation agreements.
Our lawyers approach hospitality legal issues with the practical perspective of executives who have worked in the hospitality industry.