Rajah & Tann Legal Basix is a specialised practice of Rajah & Tann that is focused on providing baseline and growth-stage legal advice, representation and documentation to businesses, from emerging enterprises, start-ups and SMEs to high growth companies.
We assist businesses in six core areas: corporate commercial, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, digital and regional expansion. Legal Basix leverages on the deep expertise and experience of Rajah & Tann’s award-winning practice groups and knowledge leaders to deliver distilled, right-sized, growth stage appropriate legal solutions for our clients.
Legal Basix is Legal, Simplified.
Contact us and ask us how we can help you today: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITHIN THIS PRACTICE
ReadyDocs - Contract Automation and Management
Running your own business can be a challenging task with limited time, manpower and resources. Having the right-sized legal documentation will go a long way in protecting your business gains and growth.
ReadyDocs from Rajah & Tann is a reliable platform and service for business owners to create, collaborate negotiate, sign and manage your contracts at an affordable price.
With ReadyDocs, businesses can now generate common contractual documents which have been prepared and reviewed by veteran lawyers from Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP who are the experts in their respective fields.
ReadyDocs is also encrypted and secure, giving you total control and assurance from start to end.
Our document suite which is continuously expanding includes:
- Commercial Loan Agreement
- Promissory Note
- Data Protection Policy
Employment and Benefits
- Employment Contract
- Convertible Note Subscription Agreement
- Ordinary Shares Investment Term Sheet
- Shareholders Agreement
- Shareholders Resolution to Issue Shares
- Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights
- Software Licence Agreement
- SAAS Agreement
- White Label Solution Agreement
- First Payment Reminder Letter
- Letter Accepting Payments in Instalments
- Memorandum of Understanding (Letter of Intent)
- Supply of Services Agreement
- Non-disclosure Agreement
Business isn't always smooth-sailing; yet fighting it out in Court may not always be the most efficient way to resolve the matter. Our lawyers specialise in resolving most standard business disputes and claims below $250,000 by utilising mediation as the primary form of dispute resolution. However, if your opponent behaves unreasonably or refuses to settle at mediation, you have the assurance that will bring your matter to trial to rigorously enforce your rights in Court.
We advise on and represent you in different types of disputes, including:
- Standard business and contractual disputes
- Shareholders’ and directors’ disputes
- Debt recovery
- Employment related disputes
- Landlord tenant / MCST disputes
- Negligence claims and personal injuries
Employers now face more TADM and civil claims from employees, queries from unions as well as increased enforcement by the Ministry of Manpower and the Tripartite Alliance for Fair & Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) over a variety of issues ranging from workplace harassment claims, allegations of unfair dismissal and disguised retrenchments to allegations of discrimination against Singaporeans and the failure to adhere to the Fair Consideration Framework.
Yet, many businesses lack the specialist knowledge and experience in dealing with investigations launched by the authorities or the aggressive actions of employees. Rajah & Tann’s Employment practice is a Tier One, top-ranked award-winning practice that can guide you through the stress when facing an adversarial employment situation.
Speak to our experienced lawyers who can help you with:
- Drafting and implementing employment policies and documentation
- Grievance Reporting, Investigative and Disciplinary (GRID) processes
- Conducting employment-related investigations and writing of defensible investigation reports
- Enforcing non-compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation clauses against errant employees
- Wrongful dismissal / discrimination / harassment / retaliation / retrenchment claims
- Claw-back of bonuses
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Training staff and management on basic employment law obligations
- Appeals on employment matters to the Ministry of Manpower
We offer fixed fees for advising on and representing you in disputes under $250,000. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more.
In the increasingly knowledge-driven economy, new products, brands and creative designs appear almost daily on the market and are the result of continuous human innovation and creativity. Businesses are often the driving force behind these innovations. If left unprotected, a good invention may be lost to larger competitors that are in a better position to rapidly commercialise the product or service at a more affordable price. IP can become a valuable business asset if it is legally protected.
We advise on the best legal strategies to protect and exploit your Intellectual Property rights.
We advise on:
- Registration of Trade Marks
- Copyright protection
- Protection of Trade Secrets
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- IP Licensing and Assignments
- Distributorship, Franchising and Agency Agreements
- Advertising, trademark labelling and product regulatory requirements
- Software Licensing
The undoubted push to go digital and embrace a cashless society in Singapore has gained momentum. The shift from traditional brick-and-mortar shops to online and e-commerce platforms requires businesses to evolve to keep up with the competition. The digital economy, unhindered by geography or distance, allows businesses to reach out to a regional and world-wide audience. Businesses need to keep up with the challenges to ensure they remain at the fore-front of the digital economy.
We advise on the following key legal issues which businesses need to take into account:
- End User License Agreements
- Data Protection Compliance
- Domain name registration
- Social Media policies
- Platform Development, Hosting and Maintenance Agreements
- Cloud computing and data storage
- Consumer Protection regulations
Many companies start small and become big through continuous growth. Globalisation has helped to open up access to new markets, technologies, skills and capital for businesses. With a dedicated team of lawyers based in Singapore with regional exposure and experience, and with the support of our network of firms across Asia, we assist businesses in expanding their businesses in the region.
We assist businesses in the following regional-expansion specific areas:
- Country-specific Structuring Advice
- Company Incorporation
- Review and Drafting of Agreements
- Due Diligence