Khairil Suhairee is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Commercial Practice.
Khairil's practice covers a wide range of corporate law matters. Trained in banking and finance and having built extensive experience advising on corporate restructurings and joint ventures, Khairil specialises in identifying and navigating the legal issues that are particular to his clients and their circumstances.
In the course of his practice, Khairil has provided commercially-focused legal advice to companies at all stages of the corporate lifecycle; from early stage start-ups and growing SMEs, to listed companies and multinational corporations. His clients also include government agencies, financial institutions, non-profit organisations and high net worth individuals.
Khairil is a results-oriented lawyer, whose legal knowledge and adaptability across industries and company size is the foundation on which practical, usable solutions are constructed, giving clients the confidence and the means to achieve their goals.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Advised a Fortune Global 500 reinsurance company in connection with the restructuring of its Asian subsidiaries and business operations, including its subsidiaries in Japan and China.
- Acted for a Japanese energy company in connection with the restructuring of its corporate entities in 7 different jurisdictions in Asia.
- Acted for an electronic commerce and online retailing company in connection with the restructuring of its B2B mobile telecommunications business.
- Acted for a Singapore based manufacturer and distributor of medical devices in the restructuring of its subsidiaries in Philippines and Malaysia.
- Advised a French multinational advertising and public relations company in the restructuring of its operations in Singapore, involving (among other things) the amalgamation of its subsidiaries.
- Advised an international mobile operator in connection with the restructuring and streamlining of its corporate group in Asia, involving a demerger of its European holding company.
- Provided Singapore corporate law advice to Seadrill Limited and its subsidiaries in connection with its Chapter 11 global reorganisation plan.
Private Equity / Venture Capital Investments
- Acted for Sunseap Group Pte. Ltd. in connection with its S$50 million financing from Temasek and ABC World Asia.
- Acted for a Malaysian fintech startup in its US$20 million Series B investment round and US$5 million pre-series C debt financing.
- Acted for an Indonesian healthcare startup in connection with its seed investments and pre-series A debt financing.
- Acted for AND Global in the establishment of its fund-raising vehicle in Singapore, the restructuring of its corporate group, and in its various financing rounds.
- Advised on several domestic and cross-border joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships in various industries and sectors, including in the manufacture of semiconductors and related devices, distressed debt investments, distribution of machine tools, distribution and retail of consumer goods, consumer and market research, aircraft leasing, rubber agriculture, cruise ship operations, the supply and distribution of smart appliances and restaurants.
- Provided corporate law advice in connection with disputes between shareholders, including the termination of joint ventures, the removal of directors, and the conduct of contentious general meetings.
- Advised on commercial contracts including distribution agreements, franchise agreements, sales agency agreements, equipment leases, hire purchase agreements, and general terms and conditions of sale for various clients including an online fashion retailer, an industrial battery distributor, a supplier of duty-free goods and an equipment leasing company.
- Advised foreign corporations, partnerships and non-profit organisations on setting up a business presence in Singapore.
- Regularly advises on general corporate matters including issuance of shares, dividend payments and other distributions, share buybacks and redemptions, capital reductions, share consolidations and subdivisions, amalgamations and ongoing compliance with general company laws in Singapore.
Employment & Benefits
- Regularly advises on employment law matters including employment contracts, employment benefits, employee share schemes, transfers of employment, terminations, retrenchment, non-competition and non-solicitation undertakings, intellectual property issues, confidentiality agreements and work pass and immigration matters.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law