Lee Xin Mei is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
Her areas of practice cover banking and finance, debt capital markets, as well as general corporate law.
Xin Mei graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2006 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2007. She was named Top Student for the Postgraduate Practice Law Course and awarded the Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par Memorial Prize in 2007.
Banking and Finance
- Acted for CMX Re Sunseap Vietnam Joint Stock Company in connection with a US$120 million loan arranged by Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, for the construction of a 168 MW photovoltaic solar power plant in Vietnam.
- Acted for UTAC Holdings Ltd. and Global A&T Electronics Ltd. as Singapore counsel in relation to its refinancing in connection with a prepackaged plan of reorganisation filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, White Plains Division.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to TML Holdings Pte. Ltd. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors Limited) in relation to syndicated GBP640 million loan facilities arranged by Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., Inova Pharmaceutical (Singapore) Pte Limited in relation to syndicated credit facilities and bond issuances issued by the Valeant group.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to PT Bumi Resources Tbk in relation to the restructuring of its various loan facilities in connection with an exchange offer exercise pursuant to a composition plan agreed between the company approved by the Commercial Court of the Central Jakarta District Court.
Debt Capital Markets
- Acted for China Jinjiang Environment Holding Company Limited in the issuance of US$200 million 6.0% senior notes due 2020, which are listed and quoted on the SGX-ST.
- Acted for OUE Treasury Pte. Ltd. in connection with the issuance of S$200 million 3.55% notes due 2023 issued under its S$3 billion multicurrency debt issuance programme unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by OUE Limited.
- Acted for RHT Health Trust Manager Pte. Ltd. (in its capacity as trustee-manager of RHT Health Trust) in the issuance of S$60 million in aggregate principal amount of 4.50% notes due 2018 (consolidated and forming a single series with the S$60 million 4.50% notes due 2018 issued on 22 July 2015 under the S$500 million multicurrency medium term note programme) which are listed and quoted on the SGX-ST.
- Acted for TML Holdings Pte. Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of India's largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors Ltd) as to Singapore law on a US$300 million bond offering. The offering marked its first US dollar denominated bond issuance in the international debt capital markets.
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to the arrangers in connection the refinancing of a credit card receivables securitisation programme generated by Diners Club (Singapore) Private Limited and applying to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for ‘Approved Special Purpose Vehicle’ status for the Singapore special purpose vehicle.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law