Lee Xin Mei is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group of Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
Her areas of practice cover banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, as well as general employment and corporate law. Xin Mei graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2006 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2007. She was named Top Student for the Postgraduate Practice Law Course and awarded the Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par Memorial Prize in 2007.
A. Banking and Finance
- Acted as Singapore counsel to TML Holdings Pte. Ltd (wholly owned subsidiary of India's largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors Limited) on a US$500 million loan facility from a syndicate of lenders.
- Acted for Sunseap Leasing Pte. Ltd. in relation to a S$50 million facility granted by Goldman Sachs Investments Holding (Asia) Limited.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to the FCI SA group of companies in relation to the grant of US$250,000,000 term loan facilities and US$30,000,000 revolving facilities from a syndicate of lenders.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to the Minit Asia Pacific group in relation to credit facilities of up to ¥6 billion granted by a syndicate of financial institutions and Mizuho Bank, Ltd. as mandated lead arranger and agent.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to the lenders in relation to financing a take-over offer for shares by Fincantieri Oil & Gas S.p.A in STX OSV Holdings Limited (now known as Vard Holdings Limited) listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to TML Holdings Pte. Ltd (wholly owned subsidiary of India's largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors Limited) on a US$300 million Reg S bonds offering listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Acted as Singapore counsel for the bonds trustee in relation to the issuance of US$160,000,000 Senior Secured Callable Bonds due 2018 by PSOS Finance Limited (part of the PetroSaudi group).
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to the joint lead managers DBS Bank Ltd. and Standard Chartered Bank on an automobile loan and finance lease receivables securitisation transaction originated by BMW Financial Services Korea Co. Ltd.
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to the arrangers in connection the refinancing of a credit card receivables securitization program generated by Diners Club (Singapore) Private Limited and applying to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for ‘Approved Special Purpose Vehicle’ status for the Singapore special purpose vehicle.
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd in the refinancing of a structured financing transaction and bonds issuance by Diners Club (Singapore) Private Limited.
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to TML Holdings Pte. Ltd (wholly owned subsidiary of India's largest automobile manufacturer, Tata Motors Limited) on a S$350 million bonds offering listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to the arranger in connection the securitization of freight receivables generated by the CMA CGM group, which involved the sale of receivables by its Singapore subsidiary on a true sale basis.
B. Mergers and Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Long Haul Holdings Ltd. and PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk (Bakrie Group) on the acquisition of a 29.2% interest in PT Bumi Resources Tbk (Bumi Resources) from Asia Resource Minerals plc (formerly Bumi plc) (ARMS) for $501 million in cash, and the disposal of the Bakrie Group’s entire 23.8% indirect interest in ARMS to Ravenwood Acquisition Company Limited (RACL).
- Acted as Singapore counsel for Northstar Travel Media LLC in relation to the acquisition of Travel Weekly China, Travel Weekly Asia, and Events China from Contineo Media.
- Acted as lead counsel to GMG Global Ltd, a company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange and a subsidiary of Sinochem International Corporation, in its acquisition of approximately 35% of the shares in the capital of Siat SA (which holds investments in various entities incorporated in Africa namely Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Gabon) for S$350 million. .
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Julius Baer in its global acquisition of the wealth management business of Merrill Lynch.
- Acted for CapitaMalls Asia Limited, listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, in its S$350 million investment in a joint venture bid for the Chao Tian Men site, a prime site for a landmark mixed development in Chongqing, China, at a tender price of RMB6,536 million (equivalent to approximately S$1,282.8 million).
C. General Corporate Advisory and Employment
- Advised on employment matters which includes drafting and reviewing employment contracts, employment handbooks, compliance handbooks for local companies and multi-national corporations, advising on termination of employees, wrongful or unfair dismissal, restraint of trade, solicitation clauses, retrenchment benefits claims, negotiations with trade unions, s18A transfers under the Employment Act, transfers of employees between legal entities in connection with divestments of businesses.
- Advised on general corporate matters such as group corporate restructuring exercises, capital reductions, statutory amalgamations and financial assistance under the Singapore Companies Act.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law