Lee Xin Mei is a partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP. Her areas of practice cover banking and finance and debt capital markets.
Recognised as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer by IFLR1000 (2021), Xin Mei is described as “professional, prompt, very commercially minded, solution-oriented”, and has “always provided robust legal advice even when in very complex situations”.
Xin Mei graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2006 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2007. She was named Top Student for the Postgraduate Practice Law Course and awarded the Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par Memorial Prize in 2007.
Debt Capital Markets
- Represented Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited and Maybank Kim Eng Securities Pte. Ltd. as arrangers in the update of a S$700,000,000 Multicurrency Debt Issuance Programme by Banyan Tree Holdings Limited.
- Represented DBS Trustee Limited (in its capacity as trustee of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust) and OUE CT Treasury Pte. Ltd. (a wholly owned subsidiary of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust) in the establishment of a S$2 billion Multicurrency Debt Issuance Programme.
- Represented DBS Trustee Limited (in its capacity as trustee of SPH REIT) and SPH Reit Management Pte. Ltd. (in its capacity as manager of SPH REIT) in the establishment of SPH REIT's S$1 billion Multicurrency Debt Issuance Programme.
- Acted for Singapore Press Holdings Limited in the update of its S$1 billion debt issuance programme and the issuance of S$150 million subordinated perpetual securities under the programme.
- Acted as Singapore deal counsel in the US$40 million issuance of Series 2019-1 Class A and Class B Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes by Manatee Re III. The transaction is a Rule 144A catastrophe bond issuance.
- Acted as Singapore deal counsel on the issuance of the US$100 million Series 2019-1 Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes by First Coast Re II. The transaction is the first Rule 144A catastrophe bond issuance in Singapore.
- Acted as Singapore deal counsel in the issuance of the A$75 million Series 2019-1 Class A Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes due 2022 by Orchard ILS Pte. Ltd. This is the first catastrophe bond transaction in Singapore to be issued by the first special purpose reinsurance vehicle to be licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Acted for China Jinjiang Environment Holding Company Limited in the issuance of US$200 million 6.0% senior notes due 2020, which are listed and quoted on the SGX-ST.
- Acted for OUE Treasury Pte. Ltd. in connection with the issuance of S$200 million 3.55% notes due 2023 issued under its S$3 billion multicurrency debt issuance programme unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by OUE Limited.
- Represented Koh Brothers Group Limited in its tender offer of its S$50 million 4.80% notes issued under its S$250 million multicurrency medium term note programme.
- Acted for RHT Health Trust Manager Pte. Ltd. (in its capacity as trustee-manager of RHT Health Trust) in the issuance of S$60 million in aggregate principal amount of 4.50% notes due 2018 (consolidated and forming a single series with the S$60 million 4.50% notes due 2018 issued on 22 July 2015 under the S$500 million multicurrency medium term note programme) which are listed and quoted on the SGX-ST.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to PT Bumi Resources Tbk in relation to the restructuring of its various loan facilities in connection with an exchange offer exercise pursuant to a composition plan agreed between the company approved by the Commercial Court of the Central Jakarta District Court.
Banking & Finance
- Acted DBS Bank Ltd. and ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch in relation to a US$55 million data-centre acquisition financing transaction.
- Acted for a club of lenders in relation to multicurrency revolving subscription line facility to a major impact investing private equity fund.
- Acted for The Bank of East Asia Limited, Singapore Branch in relation to a S$70,000,000 revolving credit facility to an SGX-ST mainboard listed company.
- Acted for Sunseap Group in relation to a S$50 million facility from ING Bank for the construction of a portfolio of rooftop solar projects in Singapore. This deal is the first green loan in ASEAN that is compliant with LMA/APLMA Green Loan Principles for a portfolio of rooftop solar projects.
- Acted for Overseas Family School Limited in relation to a S$120 million facility granted by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- Acted for CMX Re Sunseap Vietnam Joint Stock Company in connection with a US$120 million loan arranged by Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, for the construction of a 168 MW photovoltaic solar power plant in Vietnam.
- Acted for Sundaram Holding USA, Inc. in relation to a US$40 million facility granted by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch.
- Acted for Sunseap Leasing Pte. Ltd. in relation to a S$44.6 million term loan facility granted by United Overseas Bank Limited.
- Acted for UTAC Holdings Ltd. and Global A&T Electronics Ltd. as Singapore counsel in relation to its refinancing in connection with a prepackaged plan of reorganisation filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, White Plains Division.
- Acted for VIVA Industrial REIT in connection with a S$100 million term facility from The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Singapore Branch.
- Acted for OUE Commercial REIT in connection with S$400 million term and revolving facilities from a syndicate of banks for the acquisition of the office component of OUE Downtown.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law