Lee Xin Mei is a banking & finance and debt capital markets specialist. She is a partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP and heads the Debt Capital Markets practice in the firm.
Xin Mei has significant experience in both local and cross-border financing transactions, acting for both lenders and borrowers in a variety of high-profile financing transactions. In particular, she has experience in both bilateral and syndicated loans, real estate financings, leveraged acquisition financings, takeover and privatization financings, project financings and venture debt financings.
Xin Mei also regularly advises on a wide range of debt-related transactions such as the establishment of debt issuance programmes and the issuance of medium-term notes and perpetual securities thereunder. She has a strong interest in structured debt and securitisation transactions and has advised on several novel transactions including the first issuance of catastrophe bonds by a Singapore special purpose reinsurance vehicle.
Xin Mei is consistently featured as a leading lawyer in influential legal directories such as IFLR1000 and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. IFLR1000 cites client feedback that Xin Mei is "extremely pleasant to work with", "professional, prompt, very commercially minded, (and) solution-oriented", and "always provided robust legal advice even when in very complex situations". The Legal 500 Asia Pacific also describes her as "approachable, helpful and shows great intuition in addressing clients’ needs".
Xin Mei graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2006 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2007. She was named Top Student for the Postgraduate Practice Law Course and was awarded the Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par Memorial Prize in 2007.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Banking & Finance
- Acted for OUE Commercial REIT Management Pte Ltd, as manager of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and OUE Hospitality Sub-Trust in connection with a S$978 million sustainability-linked loan in a syndicated financing transaction.
- Acted for Sunseap Group in relation to a S$86.8 million green loan facility from a club of local banks for the construction and installation of solar photovoltaic systems across more than 1,200 public housing blocks and 49 government sites, being the largest clean energy project in Singapore as at the date of completion of the financing.
- Acted for OUE Allianz Bayfront LLP (a joint venture between OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and ACRE Angsana Pte Ltd (a special purpose vehicle managed by Pimco Prime Real Estate Asia Pacific Pte Ltd)) in relation to term and revolving facilities in an aggregate amount of S$633.8 million arranged by DBS Bank Ltd, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, and MUFG Bank Ltd Singapore Branch, for the purpose of financing OUE Allianz Bayfront LLP's acquisition of OUE Bayfront.
Debt Capital Markets
- Acted for Lion City Rentals Pte Ltd and M&T Investments Pte Ltd in the establishment of a S$500 million secured medium term note programme under the first auto asset-backed securitisation in Singapore and the issuance of two series of sustainability-linked notes.
- Acted for Nanyang Technological University in connection with the establishment of its S$1 billion multicurrency medium-term note programme and the issuance of S$650 million 2.185% sustainability-linked bonds under the programme.
- Acted as Singapore deal counsel in the issuance of US$120 million Class A and US$55 million Class B catastrophe bonds by Catahoula II Re Pte Ltd, a special purpose reinsurance vehicle, with Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corporation as the cedant. This is the first listing of catastrophe bonds on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.