Lee Weilin 李玮琳 is a recognised practitioner in Chambers Asia Pacific and is recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for banking and finance work. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Economics.
Weilin regularly advises banks and financial institutions and multinational corporations in high value transactions, cross-border secured financings based on onshore-offshore financing structures with intercreditor arrangements, acquisition/leveraged financing, borrowing base financings and public takeover financings.
Climate change, sustainability, diversity and other ESG issues are also areas which Weilin has a keen interest in. She has been involved in many green and sustainability linked financings and now heads up the firm's Sustainability Practice.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acted for banks in various borrowing base faciliites to the leading multi-asset funds and infrastructure funds.
- Acted for banks in on-shore and offshore financing structures in relation to the acquisition of properties and businesses.
- Acted for banks in public takeover financing made by way of general offers and schemes of arrangement.
- Acted in the first sustainability-linked loan in Singapore’s energy sector, having advised two banks as joint lenders and sustainability coordinators in connection with the grant of sustainability-linked banking facilities to a borrower for its gas-fired co-generation plant.
- Acted in the largest bilateral sustainability-linked loan in Singapore’s real estate sector to date.
- Acted for in a S$300 million sustainability-linked loan which was also one of the first SORA based loan in Singapore.
- Acted for an offeror (a consortium vehicle between the largest conglomerate in the PRC and a leading global investment firm) in financing a takeover offer of approximately S$1.9 billion for a company listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acted in an inaugural green financing to help finance a sustainable rubber plantation in heavily degraded landscapes.
- Acting for a joint venture company in relation to the grant of banking facilities of up to approximately S$1 billion by a club of banks to finance, amongst others, construction costs, working capital expenses and other expenses for the development of a national iconic project consisting of a mixed use complex comprising commercial facilities hotel and attractions.
- Acting for Singapore borrowers in relation to banking facilities of up to S$820 million to finance the acquisition of land and a real-estate development in Singapore.
- Acting for Singapore borrowers in relation to banking facilities of up to S$680 million to finance the acquisition of land and the construction of a mixed retail and office development in Singapore.
- Acting for a Singapore issuer in its S$800 million medium term note programme listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acted for the offeror a financing of a voluntary conditional cash offer for a logistic company listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for the Singapore branch of a Swiss bank in relation to a term loan facility of up to EUR 140 million with a greenshoe option of EUR 68 million granted to a group of companies with interests in pulp and paper.
- Acting for a Singapore issuer in its S$690 million convertible bonds listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for a Singapore borrower which is a subsidiary of a REIT in relation to several bilateral loans of up to S$550 million to finance its acquisition of an office building in Singapore. The REIT is one of Singapore's largest real estate investment trust.
- Acting for a data centre REIT in relation to loans of up to the aggregate amount of S$412.5 million by various banks to partially finance the acquisition of certain data center assets for the purposes of IPO and refinance its existing borrowings.
- Acting for two international banks in relation to the grant of banking facilities of up to the aggregate amount of S$300 million to part-finance the acquisition of a hotel in Singapore.
- Acting for a club of syndicate lenders in relation to an offshore project development loan of up to the aggregate principal amount of US$250 million to a joint venture company to finance the development of an integrated development in central Jakarta.
- Acted for the purchasers in relation to US$300 million senior secured guaranteed notes issued by a telecommunications company with a presence in Asia.
- Acted for a Singapore borrower in relation to a US$100 million multi-currency term loan facility. The Singapore borrower is one of the largest government-linked developers in Singapore.
- Acted for a Singapore borrower which is a REIT in relation to a multi-currency revolving credit facility of up to S$65 million (granted by the Singapore branch of a foreign bank) to finance its acquisition of certain assets in Japan and for its working capital.
- Acted for a Singapore branch of a Malaysian bank in relation to a S$75 million Commodity Murabaha financing facility. The facility was provided on Shariah principles and on a Murabaha basis involving selected metal commodities in the London Metal Exchange.
- Acted for a Singapore branch of a Malaysian bank in relation to banking facilities of up to S$33 million for the financing of an acquisition of a stockbroking company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Acted for a Mauritius holding company with subsidiaries in China which collectively own about 16 hypermarkets, 100 supermarkets and 100 convenience stores in Hunan province, in its debt restructuring exercise.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law