Weilin is a recognised practitioner in Chambers Asia Pacific and is recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific for banking and finance work. Weilin has a B.Sc in Economics.
Weilin acts for financial institutions and government linked companies in high value financing transactions involving multiple jurisdictions (including leveraged financing and debt restructuring). She is also actively involved in real estate development financing in the region, including REIT financing transactions.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acted in an inaugural green financing to help finance a sustainable rubber plantation in heavily degraded landscapes.
- Acted for the offeror a financing of a voluntary conditional cash offer for a logistic company listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for an offeror (a consortium vehicle between the largest conglomerate in the PRC and a leading global investment firm) in financing a takeover offer of approximately S$1.9 billion for a company listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acting for a joint venture company in relation to the grant of banking facilities of up to approximately S$1 billion by a club of banks to finance, amongst others, construction costs, working capital expenses and other expenses for the development of a national iconic project consisting of a mixed use complex comprising commercial facilities hotel and attractions.
- Acting for a club of syndicate lenders in relation to an offshore project development loan of up to the aggregate principal amount of US$250 million to a joint venture company to finance the development of an integrated development in central Jakarta.
- Acting for two international banks in relation to the grant of banking facilities of up to the aggregate amount of S$300 million to part-finance the acquisition of a hotel in Singapore.
- Acting for a data centre REIT in relation to loans of up to the aggregate amount of S$412.5 million by various banks to partially finance the acquisition of certain data center assets for the purposes of IPO and refinance its existing borrowings.
- Acting for Singapore borrowers in relation to banking facilities of up to S$820 million to finance the acquisition of land and a real-estate development in Singapore.
- Acting for Singapore borrowers in relation to banking facilities of up to S$680 million to finance the acquisition of land and the construction of a mixed retail and office development in Singapore.
- Acting for a Singapore borrower in relation to a US$100 million multi-currency term loan facility. The Singapore borrower is one of the largest government-linked developers in Singapore.
- Acting for a Singapore borrower which is a subsidiary of a REIT in relation to several bilateral loans of up to S$550 million to finance its acquisition of an office building in Singapore. The REIT is one of Singapore's largest real estate investment trust.
- Acting for a Singapore borrower which is a REIT in relation to a multi-currency revolving credit facility of up to S$65 million (granted by the Singapore branch of a foreign bank) to finance its acquisition of certain assets in Japan and for its working capital.
- Acting for the Singapore branch of a Swiss bank in relation to a term loan facility of up to EUR 140 million with a greenshoe option of EUR 68 million granted to a group of companies with interests in pulp and paper.
- Acting for a Singapore branch of a Malaysian bank in relation to a S$75 million Commodity Murabaha financing facility. The facility was provided on Shariah principles and on a Murabaha basis involving selected metal commodities in the London Metal Exchange.
- Acting for a Singapore branch of a Malaysian bank in relation to banking facilities of up to S$33 million for the financing of an acquisition of a stockbroking company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Acting for a Singapore issuer in its S$800 million medium term note programme listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for a Singapore issuer in its S$690 million convertible bonds listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acting for the purchasers in relation to US$300 million senior secured guaranteed notes issued by a telecommunications company with a presence in Asia.
- Acting for a Mauritius holding company with subsidiaries in China which collectively own about 16 hypermarkets, 100 supermarkets and 100 convenience stores in Hunan province, in its debt restructuring exercise.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law