Raymond Tong is a partner in the Capital Markets / Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group.
Widely regarded as one of Singapore's leading capital markets lawyers, Raymond advises on both domestic and international matters and has worked on some of the most high-profile ECM deals across South East Asia in recent years. He is admitted in Singapore and England and Wales.
With over two decades of experience in the capital markets field, Raymond is ranked as a Band 1 leading lawyer in the region and is described as “a good problem solver” in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021. He is also noted to be “extremely knowledgeable, in terms of latest market trends, and able to provide the best advice” in Chambers Global 2020.
Raymond is a board member of Sustainable Finance Institute Asia Limited and Asia Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN). He is also a member of the Audit Committee of the Methodist Welfare Society, a member of the Corporate Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore and a member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd. on the S$2.1 billion renounceable underwritten rights issue of new ordinary shares by Sembcorp Marine Ltd, which was at the time of its launch, Singapore’s second largest rights issue in 2020.
- Advised the joint bookrunners and underwriters on the initial public offering of units in United Hampshire US Real Estate Investment Trust to raise approximately US$394.6 million.
- Advised the joint bookrunners and underwriters in the initial public offering of units in Prime US REIT on Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, which raised gross proceeds of US$813 million, Singapore’s largest pure-play US REIT IPO for 2019.
- Advised the joint bookrunners and underwriters on Netlink NBN Trust's initial public offering on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited for US$1.68 billion. This is the biggest IPO in Singapore since 2011.
- Advised DBS, Citibank and UBS on the non-renounceable underwritten preferential offering of 241,988,877 units in Keppel DC REIT.
- Advised BNP Paribas and Credit Suisse as the Joint Lead Managers for the S$200 million convertible bonds issued by Keppel REIT, acting through RBC Investor Services Trust Singapore Limited, as trustee of Keppel REIT.
- Acted for JP Morgan and Maybank in Petronas’ RM1.77 billion sell down in MISC Bhd and KLCCP Stapled Group.
- Advised Leong Hup International Berhad (LHI) and its selling shareholders on LHI's RM1.03 billion (US$247 million) initial public offering on Bursa Malaysia, the country's largest offering in almost two years.
- Advised Aabar Investments PJS on its US$149 million sell down in RHB Bank Berhad.
- Advised RHB Bank Berhad and Credit Suisse on the placement of units by Malaysia’s Sunway REIT, which raised US$171 million.
- Advised a Middle Eastern state-owned investment company in relation to the sale of 74 million units in Pavilion REIT.
- Acted for Lotte Chemical Titan on its US$878 million initial public offering on the Bursa Malaysia.
- Acted for Ecoworld International Berhad on its US$650 million initial public offering on the Bursa Malaysia.
- Advised a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund in relation to the sale of 60 million shares in MISC Berhad.
- Advised the bookrunners in the initial public offering of PT Express Transindo Utama Tbk.
- Advised the bookrunners in the initial public offering of PT Prodia Widyahusada Tbk.
- Advised the bookrunners in the initial public offering of PT Kino Indonesia Tbk.
Memberships / Directorships
- Board member, Sustainable Finance Institute Asia Limited
- Board member, Asia Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN)
- Audit Committee of the Methodist Welfare Society
- Corporate Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore
- Disciplinary Committee of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- The Law Society of Singapore
- The Singapore Academy of Law
- The Law Society of England and Wales