Sara specialises in commercial dispute resolution, with a focus on casino-related and construction disputes.
She has advised and acted for clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, including construction and engineering disputes, debt recovery, insolvency, shareholder disputes, employment disputes, and landlord-tenancy disputes. She is also active in arbitration, having advised and acted for clients in multi million-dollar arbitration disputes.
Sara also acts for a casino and has extensive experience with both casino-related litigation and gaming regulations. She also has experience in debt recovery and enforcement proceedings, both locally and overseas in jurisdictions such as Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Acting for a vessel manufacturer against its sub-contractor in a multi-million dollar claim for defective works in breach of the construction contract.
Successfully acted as instructed counsel in defending a sub-contractor against liability for explosions arising from joint failures in power cables.
Successfully represented the minority shareholders of a multi-million dollar company in a shareholders’ dispute involving obstructed access to financial records and suspected financial fraud and impropriety by the majority shareholders.
Acting for a casino in debt-recovery proceedings and litigation, conducted both locally and in foreign jurisdictions such as Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Successfully acted for a Chinese association against a property developer for breach of a joint venture agreement.
Successfully represented a defence contractor in a claim by an employer which alleged that the defence contractor had engaged their former employees in breach of their restrictive covenants. The High Court held that the restrictive covenants were unenforceable and clarified the limits of the law on restraint of trade.
- Powerdrive Pte Ltd v Loh Kin Yong Philip and others  3 SLR 399;  SGHC 224
Successfully defended a financial institution against claims by clients for alleged losses and missing monies arising from a fraud perpetuated by a rogue employee.
Successfully defended a financial institution against claims by a client for alleged mishandling / tampering of the contents in a safe deposit box.
- Werner Samuel Vuillemin v Overseas-Chinese Banking Corp Ltd and another matter  SGHC 92
Successfully represented a client in a case involving the law enforcement agency’s power to withhold property seized for the purposes of criminal investigations. Resisted the law enforcement agency’s first-instance application to extend the period of such aforesaid seizure, with the lower Court ordering the release of the seized properties.
Arbitration / International Arbitration
- Acted for a foreign equipment manufacturer in a multi-million dollar arbitration claim for breach of a military equipment supply contract. The claim was instituted under the auspices of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”).
- Acted for a casino as claimant in an SIAC arbitration against a former employee for the wrongful acquisition and dissemination of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Acted for a property management firm in a tenancy dispute against a Swiss tenant in arbitration proceedings conducted under the Law Society Arbitration Scheme.