Cheryl Tan is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate Commercial Practice Group.
Her areas of practice cover banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate law. Cheryl graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2007. She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2008 and as an Attorney at Law in the State of New York in 2012.
Banking and Finance
- Acted for Sunseap Leasing Pte. Ltd. in relation to a S$50 million facility granted by Goldman Sachs Investments Holding (Asia) Limited.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to the FCI SA group of companies in relation to the grant of US$250,000,000 term loan facilities and US$30,000,000 revolving facilities from a syndicate of lenders.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to the Minit Asia Pacific group in relation to credit facilities of up to ¥6 billion granted by a syndicate of financial institutions and Mizuho Bank, Ltd. as mandated lead arranger and agent.
- Acted as Singapore counsel for the bonds trustee in relation to the issuance of US$160,000,000 Senior Secured Callable Bonds due 2018 by PSOS Finance Limited (part of the PetroSaudi group).
- Acted as Singapore legal counsel to the arranger in connection with the securitization of freight receivables generated by the CMA CGM group, which involved the sale of receivables by its Singapore subsidiary on a true sale basis.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Advised Equis Funds Group, a private equity fund, in connection with investments made in Consistel, a provider of global indoor wireless systems, in connection with neutral hosting services at the Singapore Sports Hub.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Long Haul Holdings Ltd. and PT Bakrie & Brothers Tbk (Bakrie Group) on the acquisition of a 29.2% interest in PT Bumi Resources Tbk (Bumi Resources) from Asia Resource Minerals plc (formerly Bumi plc) (ARMS) for $501 million in cash, and the disposal of the Bakrie Group’s entire 23.8% indirect interest in ARMS to Ravenwood Acquisition Company Limited (RACL).
- Acted as Singapore counsel for Northstar Travel Media LLC in relation to the acquisition of Travel Weekly China, Travel Weekly Asia, and Events China from Contineo Media.
General Corporate Advisory
- Reviewed general commercial contracts and advised on general corporate matters such as statutory amalgamations and financial assistance under the Singapore Companies Act.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, New York State Bar Association