Zixiang has extensive experience in private onshore and offshore closed-end and open-ended fund formation, including private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, hedge funds, hybrid funds and cryptocurrency funds.
Zixiang regularly leads the formation of private closed ended funds and open ended funds, having led the formation and launch of the flagship funds of a number of notable private fund houses and spin-outs. He also regularly leads the structuring, formation and launch of numerous venture capital funds for both prominent institutional and start-up venture capital fund managers.
Zixiang is experienced in the formation of funds investing into virtual assets, having been involved in a number of the earliest cryptocurrency funds in Asia.
Zixiang also regularly advises corporate and institutional clients (including sovereign wealth funds) and tertiary institutions on their investments into private funds.
In addition to specialising in private fund formation, Zixiang leads an active regulatory practice where he regularly advises asset managers on the formation of fund management businesses pursuing various business models, including advising on registration and licensing matters, the drafting of regulatory submissions in connection with corporate transactions involving asset management groups , as well as providing ongoing advice on regulatory, compliance and securities offering matters.
Zixiang is recognised as a "Rising Star" for Investment Funds in Singapore in the Expert Guides - LMG Rising Stars from 2017 to 2021, and has also been named as a Rising Star for investment funds at the IFLR APAC Awards 2021.
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment of an Indonesian-focused impact fund for the investment management arm of an Indonesian banking group.
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment of a maritime-focused venture capital fund for a prominent Singapore venture capital fund manager.
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment of a telecommunications tech venture capital fund for the investment management arm of an Indonesian telecommunications group.
- Acted as Singapore counsel in the establishment of an India-focused venture capital fund for a prominent Singapore venture capital fund manager.
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment of one of the earliest cryptocurrency hedge funds in Asia.
- Assisted the Korean venture capital arm of a Japanese multinational conglomerate in obtaining a VCFM licence for their Singapore venture capital fund manager.
- Advised various institutional investors and sovereign wealth funds on their investments into private funds.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore