Yong Hui is a Partner at the firm. He specialises in project and front-end construction work. He is noted for his ‘drafting skills’ by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019).
Yong Hui has experience in drafting procurement, construction, engineering, consultancy, concession, privatisation, dismantling and maintenance contracts. His projects include advising Facebook on the development of its first datacentre in Asia, advising a consortium on its successful bid for the development of a sea water desalination plant on a DBOO basis in Jurong Island, Singapore, and advising Neste on the proposed expansion of its refinery plant in Singapore.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Acting as lead counsel in advising a consortium of companies on its potential bid for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail AssetsCo PPP project.
Advised the State Railway of Thailand in respect of a high-speed railway project in Thailand.
Acting for the Yangon Metropolitan Development Public Ltd, a joint venture between the Yangon Regional Government and the Myanmar Construction Entrepreneurs Association, on grant of a long term concession for an integrated logistics park and inland water transport jetty-linked dry port in Ngwe Pin Le, Yangon, Myanmar, on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer basis.
Advising the government of Thailand in its planned expansion and new runway in one of the major airports in Thailand, and role includes advising on the procurement structure and the RFP process, drafting and negotiating the concession agreement and other relevant project documents.
Acted for a Chinese EPC contractor on the drafting and negotiation of an EPC Contract for the development of a floating solar project in Singapore and advising on contract administration issues such as force majeure and extension of time claims.
- Advised one of the largest solar energy supplier in Singapore on the engineering & procurement contracts and operation & maintenance contracts for the purposes of project financing.
Advised Acropower Pte Ltd, a joint venture between Singapore’s Acromec Limited and Malaysia’s Green Energy (M) SdnBhd on the development of a waste-to-energy power plant that will use chicken manure as feedstock supplied by Chew’s Group. The power plant will be developed on a build, own and operate basis.
Acted for a major American technology company on the purchase of solar energy from one of the largest solar energy supplier in Singapore to fuel its operations 100 per cent with renewable energy.
Construction & Infrastructure
Advised a consortium on its successful bid for Singapore Public Utilities Board’s (PUB) design, build, own and operate desalination plant project in Jurong Island. Role includes drafting and reviewing the water purchase agreement, the EPC and O&M contracts and other project documents.
- Acted for a major American technology company on the purchase of solar energy from one of the largest solar energy supplier in Singapore to fuel its operations 100 per cent with renewable energy.
- Advised a Singapore government agency in its development on a nursing home. Role includes drafting and review the entire suite of project documentation, such as the particular conditions, downstream templates and security.
- Advised the main contractor of a public housing project in Singapore. Role includes drafting and amending the construction contract, other project documentation and security.
- Advising a hospitality and casino owner and operator on the proposed redevelopment of its existing integrated resort operations in Singapore, including the construction of new infrastructure and facilities, and the revamp and relive of existing attractions.
Advised on Facebook’s S$1.4 billion investment to construct its first Asian data centre in Singapore including drafting of the conditions of the construction contract, various consultancy services agreements and subcontracts and advised on regulatory issues and utilities procurement strategy as well as negotiated with various government agencies.
Advised a Japanese conglomerate on its appointment as main contractor for the development of a data centre in Singapore. Role includes drafting and negotiating the construction contract and other project documents.
Oil & Gas
Advised a Finnish energy giant on its €1.4 billion investment to increase its biofuel production capacity in Singapore by up to 1.3 million tonnes per annum. Our role includes advising on the long term sale and purchase of feedstock required and by products generated by the operation of the refinery plant, and agreements relating to the construction and operation of storage and terminalling facilities and the provision of ancillary services and utilities. We also advised on the appointment of the project manager to oversee construction of the expansion facilities.
Advised a major conglomerate in Myanmar in its planned development of a tank farm in Myanmar with EPC contractors from Vietnam, including advising on the form of contract, as well as, drafting and negotiating the EPC Agreement and ancillary documents.
Acted for a Japanese joint venture in the drafting and finalisation of a construction contract for the development of LPG related facilities in Myanmar, including jetty, storage and, loading and unloading facilities.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore