Yong Hui is a Partner at the firm. He specialises in project and front-end construction work. He is noted for his ‘drafting skills’ by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019).
Yong Hui has experience in drafting procurement, construction, engineering, consultancy, concession, privatisation, dismantling and maintenance contracts. His projects include advising Facebook on the development of its first datacentre in Asia, advising a consortium on its successful bid for the development of a sea water desalination plant on a DBOO basis in Jurong Island, Singapore, and advising Neste on the proposed expansion of its refinery plant in Singapore.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Advising a tertiary education institution on its development of a multi-energy micro-grid for purposes of education, research and a source of energy for the campus. Role includes advising on the structure and reviewing the collaboration agreement.
- Advising one of the largest solar energy supplier in Singapore on the engineering & procurement contracts and operation & maintenance contracts for the purposes of project financing.
- Advising on a waste-to-energy plant in Singapore, and role includes advising on the structure and drafting the development agreement.
- Acted for a major American technology company on the purchase of solar energy from one of the largest solar energy supplier in Singapore to fuel its operations 100 per cent with renewable energy.
- Advised Facebook on the development of a data centre in Singapore. Role includes drafting and negotiating the construction contract, consultancy contract, NEWater supply agreement, electricity connection agreement and other project documents.
- Advised a Japanese conglomerate on its appointment as main contractor for the development of a data centre in Singapore. Role includes drafting and negotiating the construction contract and other project documents.
Oil & Gas
- Advised Neste, a leading global supplier of renewable diesel and petroleum products on the proposed expansion of its refinery plant in Singapore and the sale and purchase on long term basis of by-products generated by the operation of the plant and feedstock required for the operation of the plant, and other required storage, utility and jetty services.
- Advised a major conglomerate in Myanmar in its planned development of a tank farm in Myanmar with EPC contractors from Vietnam, including advising on the form of contract, as well as, drafting and negotiating the EPC Agreement and ancillary documents
- Acted for a Japanese joint venture in the drafting and finalisation of a construction contract for the development of LPG related facilities in Myanmar, including jetty, storage and, loading and unloading facilities.
- Advised a mining company on the development of a coal processing and handling plant in Indonesia and bridges, roads and other infrastructure works related to the project. Role includes advising on the procurement structure and drafting and negotiating the EPC contract for the plant and the construction contract for the infrastructure works.
- Advised a consortium on its successful bid for Singapore Public Utilities Board’s (PUB) design, build, own and operate desalination plant project in Jurong Island. Role includes drafting and reviewing the water purchase agreement, the EPC and O&M contracts and other project documents.
- Acting as lead counsel in advising a consortium of companies on its potential bid for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail AssetsCo PPP project.
- Advised the State Railway of Thailand in respect of a high-speed railway project in Thailand.
- Acting for the Yangon Metropolitan Development Public Ltd, a joint venture between the Yangon Regional Government and the Myanmar Construction Entrepreneurs Association, on grant of a long term concession for an integrated logistics park and inland water transport jetty-linked dry port in Ngwe Pin Le, Yangon, Myanmar, on a design, build, finance, operate and transfer basis.
- Advising the government of Thailand in its planned expansion and new runway in one of the major airports in Thailand, and role includes advising on the procurement structure and the RFP process, drafting and negotiating the concession agreement and other relevant project documents.
- Acting for a major developer in an integrated tourism project in Maldives lagoon, including the construction, operation and maintenance of a power plant and solar energy generating facilities.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on its proposed development of a manufacturing facility for drugs which may cure cancer, and role includes advising on the structure and the drafting and negotiating the EPC contract, consultancy agreements and other relevant project documents.
- Advised a Singapore government agency in its development on a nursing home. Role includes drafting and review the entire suite of project documentation, such as the particular conditions, downstream templates and security.
- Advised the main contractor of a public housing project in Singapore. Role includes drafting and amending the construction contract, other project documentation and security.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore