Yew Fei has represented clients on a wide range of commercial disputes including shareholders, companies, banking, finance and trust matters. He also frequently advises on employment, tenancy, estate and professional negligence matters. He does both court work and arbitration.
He has represented banks and financial institutions in the height of the credit crisis in 2008 and 2009. Yew Fei has also acted for private equity firms and funds in disputes. He advises on various fraud and breach of fiduciary duties actions, acting for companies, directors and shareholders.
Yew Fei has also represented directors of public listed companies, remisiers and dealers prosecuted under the Companies Act and the Securities and Futures Act for various offences such as criminal breach of trust, cheating, stock market manipulation as well as non-compliance with conditions in dealer’s representative licence.
Yew Fei’s experience in arbitration work cuts across the investment, banking, private equity, insurance, oil and gas, infrastructure and construction industries. He has represented a consortium in a joint venture dispute over an exploration project in a Middle Eastern country and a multinational in a dispute over a lucrative distributorship in China. He has advised clients on ports and infrastructure-related disputes. In his diverse commercial practice, he frequently acts in shareholders disputes, insolvencies, banking claims and joint venture disputes. He represents various families in their trust and estate disputes as well.
- Long Well Group Limited & Ors v Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft & Ors  SGHC 57
- Ong Ghee Soon Kevin v Ho Yong Chong  3 SLR 711
- PP v Lim Ai Wah & Thomas Philip Doehrman  SGDC 249
- Tan Chin Hoon and others v Tan Choo Suan (in her personal capacity and as executrix of the estate of Tan Kiam Toen, deceased) and others and other matters  1 SLR 1150
- PP v Li Weiming & 2 Ors  SGCA 7
- Daniel John Brader & 9 Ors v Commerzbank AG  SGHC 284
- Pacific & Orient Insurance Co Bhd v Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Singapore  1 SLR 341;  SGHC 202
- Orchard Capital I Ltd v Ravindra Kumar Jhunjhunwala  2 SLR 519;  SGCA 16
- Neoh Raymond Dennis v Liew Leong Wan and anor  SGHC 179
- Orchard Capital I Ltd v Ravindra Kumar Jhunjhunwala  SGHC 185
- Spectramed Pte Ltd v Lek Puay Puay & Ors  SGHC 43
- Tan Chin Hoon & Ors v Tan Choo Suan & 2 Ors  SGHC 340
- Spectramed Pte Ltd v Lek Puay Puay & Ors  SGHC 112
- Law Society of Singapore v Nor'ain bte Abu Bakar and Ors  1 SLR(R) 753;  SGHC 169
- Sunam Saini v Sundarram Venkat Narasimha Reddy and Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Singapore  SGDC 299
- PP v Andrew Lim Poh Heng  SGDC 267
- PP v Yeo Poh Siah  SGDC 70
- Sunny Metal & Engineering Pte Ltd v Ng Khim Ming Eric (practising under the name and style of W P Architects)  3 SLR(R) 782;  SGCA 36
- Sunny Metal & Engineering Pte Ltd v Ng Khim Ming Eric (practising under the name and style of W P Architects)  1 SLR(R) 853;  SGHC 222
- Ho Wing On Christopher and ors v ECRC Land Pte Ltd (in liquidation)  4 SLR(R) 817;  SGCA 25
- Ho Wing On Christopher and ors v ECRC Land Pte Ltd (in liquidation)  2 SLR(R) 103;  SGHC 16
- Chong Barbara v Commissioner of Estate Duties  4 SLR(R) 771;  SGHC 172
- ECRC Land Pte Ltd (in liquidation) v Wing On Ho Christopher and Ors  1 SLR(R) 105;  SGHC 298
- Re Howe Martin Russell Thomas QC  2 SLR 743;  SGHC 219
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners