Wilson is a partner in the firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice Group.
Wilson specialises in commercial litigation before the Singapore Courts and arbitral tribunals. Wilson is experienced in complex commercial disputes, with an emphasis on insolvency litigation and shareholders’ disputes. He regularly acts for financial institutions and accounting firms, and has advised on cross-border insolvencies and debt restructurings.
Notable cases and transactions:
- Advising on and successfully concluding a range of shareholders’ disputes and minority oppression matters for tech startups and media and telecommunications businesses.
- Advising a committee of international bondholders against an issuer in a US$400 million bond default, including advising on cross-border restructuring matters.
- Representing a conglomerate in a claim against former directors and employees for fraud, conspiracy to injure and breaches of fiduciary and other duties.
- Successful recovery of funds transferred internationally by directors in breach of fiduciary duties.
- Obtaining a worldwide Mareva injunction against disposal of assets under the SIAC’s emergency interim framework.
- Successfully staying High Court proceedings on fraud and misrepresentation in favour of SIAC arbitration.
- Acting for a boutique investment consultancy in an SIAC arbitration against a global private equity fund for breach of success fee agreements valued at US$25 million.
- Advising on disputes on testamentary capacity and challenges to trust settlements.
- Advising SGX-appointed auditors on a special audit report into a Singapore-listed company’s alleged breaches of listing rules, and assisting in the drafting of the special audit report.
- Advising a Singapore-listed company on a short-seller’s “Strong Sell” report, which included allegations of material misrepresentations to regulators and undisclosed interested party transactions.
- Successfully resisted Court-ordered pre-action discovery and interrogatories in an international arbitration dispute involving military vessels reported to be valued at US$380 million.
- Advising various Singapore-listed companies on internal corruption and fraud investigations, and disclosures to the SGX.
- Advised and assisted an international bank in acquiring an international wealth management business comprising US$84 billion AUM.
- Obtaining recognition of foreign insolvency professionals of a international airline group in Singapore under the UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency.
- Active practice advising and representing liquidators and judicial managers on insolvency law.
Notable reported judgments:
- Re Swiber Holdings Ltd  5 SLR 1138: rights of trustees and bondholders
- Re Swiber Holdings Ltd  5 SLR 1130: credit and security, third party guarantees
- Kao Chai-Chau Linda v Fong Wai Lyn Carolyn and others  1 SLR 21: principles on remuneration of insolvency practitioners
- Chee Seng Engineering Works Pte Ltd v Pan Master Craft Construction Pte Ltd  SGDC 152: construction disputes
- Re BKR  4 SLR 81: disputes under the Mental Capacity Act (Cap 177A)
- Re International Formwork & Scaffolding Pte Ltd  1 SLR 205: equitable liens over property
- Re BKR  4 SLR 1257: disputes under the Mental Capacity Act (Cap 177A)
- Loh Sioh Hon (administratix of the estate of Chiam Heok Yong, deceased) v Loh Siok Moey  SGCA 14: contractual disputes
- Lim Mey Lee Susan v Singapore Medical Council  1 SLR 701: administrative law and judicial review
- Fellow, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore
- Co-author, Insolvency Chapter, Singapore Academy of Law Annual Review of Cases (2018 to date)