Tracy has over 18 years of experience as a corporate commercial lawyer, with a broad range of experience advising local and multinational clients, including Fortune 500 companies, on various aspects of commercial work including general regulatory and licensing advisory work, distributorship and franchises. Her corporate advisory experience spans all aspects of corporate restructuring including schemes of arrangement, share buy-backs, capital reduction, financial assistance. Tracy also advises regularly on Employment Law in the course of which she has advised on a range of employment issues including employment policies, termination, retrenchment and summary dismissal and trade union issues.
She has been recognized as an outstanding lawyer in the field of Corporate Law from 2014 to 2018 by “Best Lawyers International”. She co-authored the 2014 Singapore chapters for private equity and venture capital for the Practical Law Company and edited the 2015 Singapore chapters for private equity and venture capital for the Lexis Nexis. Tracy was recognised in the inaugural list of Singapore’s 20 most influential 40 and under lawyers by the Singapore Business Review in 2014.
In the area of Mergers and Acquisition and cross border transactions, she has acted for a range of strategic, private equity investors and venture capital funds, on acquisition, investment and divestment transactions across various industries, specifically in the services, biotechnical, technology and manufacturing sectors. Her practice in this area covers leading and negotiating transactions and managing cross border legal due diligence processes. Tracy also has extensive experience acting in competitive bid transactions and was a core member of the transaction team advising potential international bidders on the acquisition of Singapore's 3 electricity generation companies in 2008 from Temasek Holdings with deal sizes in excess of a billion dollars.
Cross Border Transactions & Joint Ventures
- Advised a European headquartered multinational company in the corporate restructuring of its business lines across 8 jurisdictions.
- Acted for Itochu Corporation in its US$47.5 million investment and joint venture in KS Drilling Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of KS Energy Services Limited, a company listed on the Singapore Exchange. Deal involved co-ordinating legal due diligence with various foreign counsels, including Indonesian counsel.
- Acted for Hyflux Limited in its joint venture with Mitsui & Co., to originate, invest, develop, construct, operate and maintain water plants in the Peoples’ Republic of China in a deal with involved the delisting and acquisition of the assets of the Hyflux Water Trust, in a deal worth approximately US$235 million.
- Acted for Hyflux Limited in its joint venture with JGC Corporation in a deal worth US$63 million.
- Acted for Bioton S.A, a polished listed company, in the acquisition of a significant stake in Scigen Limited, a Singapore company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in a deal which involved cross border elements in Australia, Singapore and India.
- Acted for a Singapore listed company as transaction counsel in its potential investment in a Philippines listed company, in a deal size worth US$30 million which involved due diligence in Philippines.
- Advising various private equity firms on investments in Singapore and offshore companies through the use of equity, debt and hybrid instruments. Deals have involved conducting and coordinating legal due diligence across Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and India.
Acquisitions & Investments
- Acted for Surbana Jurong Pte Ltd in its acquisition of the entire share capital of KTP Consultants Pte Ltd.
- Acted for Intel Corporation and Intel Capital in various acquisition and investment transactions, including the acquisition of the ST Ericsson’s GPS business and Infineon’s wireless business in Singapore.
- Acted for the Menarini Group in its acquisition of Invida Group Pte Ltd, a leading biopharmaceutical sales company with annual revenues exceeding US$220 million, through a competitive sale process.
- Advised Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C on its investment and joint venture in Asia Mobile Holdings Pte Ltd, a company which held a significant shareholding stake in Starhub Limited, a company listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX”).
- Advised the Lion Power Consortium (lead by Marubeni Corporation) in its acquisition of Senoko Power Limited in a deal which won the Asian Legal Business "Singapore M&A Deal of the Year" 2009.
- Advising Standard Charted IL&FS Asia Instructure Growth Fund Company Pte Ltd on its acquisition of certain assets from Chinawater Holdings Pte Ltd, an associated company of CAN Group Ltd, company listed on the SGX.
- Acted for Baring Private Equity in its equity investment in LHI Technology and secondary sale to 3i Group.
- Acted for Beckman Coulter Inc in its acquisition of the Singapore diagnostic business of Olympus Corporation.
- Advising certain substantial shareholders of Daka Designs Limited, a company listed on the SGX, on the acquisition of certain assets of Daka Designs Limited.
- Advising General Electric Company in its acquisition of Comdisco Inc's Singapore leasing business.
- Advising General Electric Company in its acquisition of Crompton's OSi business in Singapore.
- Advising a group of investors in the acquisition of Time Warner's Singapore music business.
- Advising Applied Material's in its acquisition of certain Singapore subsidiaries of Metron Technology N.V.
- Advising General Electric Company in its acquisition of Edwards Systems' Singapore assets.
- Advising Reuters in its acquisition of Moneyline Telerate's Singapore assets.
- Advising Koch Industries Inc in its acquisition of the business of Dupont Inc.
- Advising Mediacorp Pte Ltd in its acquisition of certain assets from SPH Mediaworks Limited.
- Advising Verint Systems Inc in its acquisition of certain assets from Multivision, a company listed on the SGX.
- Acted for Johnsons Controls Inc in the divestment of its global workplace solutions business and assets to CBRE, including pre-divestment internal restructuring.
- Acted for Arcresidential Japan Investments Limited in its divestment of 70% shareholding interest in Island City Pte. Ltd. to DBS Trustee Limited in its capacity as trustee of Ascott Residence Trust, in a deal worth approximately JPY 6.3 billion (approximately S$78.4 million).
- Acted for Hyflux Limited in its disposal of assets to Galaxy NewSpring Pte Ltd, in a deal worth US$ 53 million.
- Advising the shareholders of DollarDex Pte Ltd in the sale of their entire shareholding of DollarDex Pte Ltd to Aviva Ltd.
- Acted for Seiyu Limited in the sale of its entire stake in Seiyu Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Acted for CapitaLand Limited in its divestment of their interests in various Singapore holding companies which own properties in Japan and Melbourne to DBS Trustee Limited, as trustee of Ascott Residence Trust in a deal worth approximately S$55.4 million
- Acted for the shareholders of Blue-Interactive Pte Ltd in a complete divestment of their shares to WPP Limited, a UK listed media conglomerate.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore