Shu Fern joined us as a partner in 2012. She has experience acting for financial institutions and borrowers in cross-border banking and finance transactions (including structured finance, debt restructurings, project finance and syndicated loans) in the Asia region.
- Acting for the arranger in a US$38 million term loan facility for the re-financing of shareholder loans used in the acquisition of a shopping mall in Indonesia.
- Acting for the arranger in a US$250 million unsecured syndicated term loan facility to an Indian bank.
- Acting for the lender in a US$50 million secured bridging term loan facility to an Indonesian company.
- Acting for the arranger in a THB4 billion a forfeit purchasing facility to a Thai company for the construction of an internet management system.
- Acting for a Singapore company in relation to US$100 million financing and deferred credit arrangements for the acquisition and construction of jack-up rigs.
- Acting for a Japanese company in a US$50 million advance payment facility for oil deliveries to an Indonesian company.
- Acting for the borrower and its sponsors in a US$1.3 billion financing for the construction of a 1.434MW coal fired power plant in Thailand.
- Acting for the steering committee and syndicate of lenders in the restructuring of US Dollar, Japanese Yen and Indonesian Rupiah denominated debts of US$90 million in value for a group of Indonesian companies in the poultry industry.
- Acting for the steering committee and syndicate of lenders in the restructuring of a US$414 million debt of an Indonesian group of companies.
- Assisting a bank in its private banking consumer standard documentation for its Hong Kong branch and Singapore branch.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales