Rachel Leong is a Partner in the firm’s Banking & Finance Practice. She has experience in advising banks, syndicates, trusts and major corporates on general corporate financing, syndicated financing and real estate and development financing.
Rachel graduated from University of Liverpool with a Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B.) degree in 2012, University College London with a Masters of Law (L.L.M.) in Corporate Law in 2013, and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2015.
Banking & Finance
- Acted for a Hong Kong private equity firm in a joint venture with the real estate arm of a European multinational financial services company to secure more than S$1.6 billion in credit facilities from a syndicate of lenders to fund the acquisition of shares in an SPV holding premium-grade office spaces.
- Acted for Maybank in connection with a S$250million murabaha facility to the Royal Group for financing certain requirements of Raffles Sentosa Resort & Spa Singapore and Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa. The murabaha facility was structured as a green facility and is the world's first green Islamic facility in the hospitality sector, as well as Royal Group's first foray into sustainable finance.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to a Russian bank in the review of a framework agreement for the purchase and sale of precious metals with a local borrower.
- Acted for a local bank in granting facilities for the construction of MRT stations on the Thomson-East Coast Line.
- Acted for a Hong Kong private equity firm in obtaining S$710 million in credit facilities to finance the acquisition of a commercial building.
Acted for a joint venture by local developers and a foreign listed company in obtaining credit facilities of approximately S$350 million from a syndicate of lenders for the purpose of financing the acquisition and construction of an executive condominium.
Acted for local and foreign banks in the review and update of their standard forms (e.g., General Terms & Conditions, etc.) in relation to the ipso facto clauses in the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 as well as replacement of screen rate to track the latest APLMA recommended language.
Acted for a local bank in the grant of credit facilities of over S$150 million for purposes of the construction of an international school in Singapore.Corporate Real Estate
Acted for a private investor in obtaining credit facilities of more than S$260 million from a local bank for the acquisition of a 20-storey conserved building with more than 100 service apartments in Raffles Place.
Acted in the sale of an industrial property for a sale price of more than S$100 million.
Acted in the sale and carving out of 199 years’ leasehold interest from a row of freehold conserved shophouses in Chinatown.