Priscilla has experience in a range of commercial disputes, with an emphasis on banking and financing disputes, fraud and investigations, shareholders’ disputes and insolvency litigation.
In a recent matter involving a Hong Kong listed company, Priscila was lauded by the client for her “impressive level of professionalism, expertise, and dedication throughout the project. Her attention to detail and ability to communicate complex legal concepts in a clear and concise manner were particularly noteworthy….what sets her apart from her peers is her exceptional work ethic and unwavering commitment to her clients.”
Priscilla was seconded to two international banks in 2018 and 2021, and has particular insight into the workings of banks, and their processes and work flows.
Priscilla is also a European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) Certified ESG Analyst holder.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Instructed by New World TMT Limited (a Hong Kong conglomerate) and Paul Hastings LLP (their US solicitors) against individuals who perpetrated a massive international fraud. Funds were transferred from the US to Japan and finally to Singapore. Successfully obtained injunctive relief, extensive discovery orders, a US$4 billion judgment and recovery for the clients.
- Acted for the judicial manager of Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd in a claim against a former director and his co-conspirators. The defrauded sums were dissipated from Singapore to associates and nominees in China as part of the fraud. Successfully obtained injunctive relief, a US$65 million judgment and enforcement orders –
- Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd (in judicial management) v Gong Ruizhong  SGHC 80
- Miao Weiguo v Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd (in judicial management)  SGCA 116
Acted for a listed company in SIAC arbitration proceedings in a dispute pertaining to a purchase of a hospital in Wuxi, China. Successfully obtained a US$32 million award and enforcement of the award.
Acted for the majority shareholders in DyStar Global Holdings (Singapore) Pte Ltd in a valuation of the minority’s shares. Worked closely with PwC experts in valuation proceedings –
- Senda International Capital Ltd v Kiri Industries Ltd  SGCA(I) 10
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 27
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 16
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 6
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 2
- Senda International Capital Ltd v Kiri Industries Ltd  SGCA(I) 1
- Advised a Japanese bank and their Japanese solicitors on a fraudulent transfer of funds from Japan to Singapore and their possible recourse.
Banking Disputes and Advisory
- Successfully acted for Bank Julius Baer & Co Ltd in a claim by a former employee for alleged wrongful termination.
- Successfully acted for Citicorp Investment Bank (Singapore) Limited in a claim by a former employee.
- Successfully acted for RHB Bank Berhad to defend a third-party discovery application.
- Advised an international bank on a review of its processes and work flows for compliance with court orders and requests.
- Advised an international bank on an internal investigation into the conduct of a former employee.
- Advised an international bank on the drafting and enforceability of banking facilities.
- Advised an international bank on banking secrecy issues.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Successfully acted for a Japanese trustee in the substantive recognition of cross-border insolvency orders under Model Law –
- Re Rams Challenge Shipping Pte Ltd  SGHC 220
- Successfully acted for a Japanese bankruptcy trustee in the recognition of his appointment in Singapore.
Acted for Swee Hong Limited, a construction company, in a restructuring and drafting of scheme documents.
- Acted for a Hong Kong listed company in a creditors’ voluntary liquidation, judicial management proceedings and fraud investigations.
- Board Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Law Society Civil Practice Committee 2023