Priscilla has experience in a range of commercial disputes, with an emphasis on banking and financing disputes, fraud and investigations, shareholders’ disputes and insolvency litigation.
Priscilla was seconded to two international banks in 2018 and 2021, and has particular insight into the workings of the banks, and their processes and work flows.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Instructed by New World TMT Limited (a Hong Kong conglomerate) and Paul Hastings LLP (their US solicitors) against individuals who perpetrated a massive international fraud. Funds were transferred from the US to Japan and finally to Singapore. Successfully obtained injunctive relief, extensive discovery orders and a US$4 billion judgment.
Acted for the judicial manager of Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd in a claim against a former director and his co-conspirators. The defrauded sums were dissipated from Singapore to associates and nominees in China as part of the fraud. Successfully obtained injunctive relief and a US$65 million judgment.
- Acted for a listed company in SIAC arbitration proceedings in a dispute pertaining to a purchase of a hospital in Wuxi, China. Successfully obtained a US$32 million award.
- Acted for the majority shareholders in DyStar Global Holdings (Singapore) Pte Ltd in a valuation of the minority’s shares. Worked closely with PwC experts in the valuation of shares.
- Advised a Japanese bank and their Japanese solicitors on a fraudulent transfer of funds from Japan to Singapore and their possible recourse.
Banking Disputes and Advisory
- Successfully acted for Bank Julius Baer & Co Ltd in a claim by a former employee for alleged wrongful termination.
- Successfully acted for Citicorp Investment Bank (Singapore) Limited in a claim by a former employee.
- Successfully defended RHB Bank Berhad in an application for third party discovery.
- Advised an international bank on a review of its processes for compliance with court orders and requests.
- Advised an international bank on an internal investigation in respect of a conduct of a former employee.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Acted for Swee Hong Limited, a construction company, in a restructuring and drafting of scheme documents.
- Successfully acted for a Japanese bankruptcy trustee in the recognition of his appointment in Singapore.
- Successfully acted for a Japanese trustee in the substantive recognition of orders granted in a Japanese scheme in Singapore under Model Law.
- Re Rams Challenge Shipping Pte Ltd  SGHC 220
- Miao Weiguo v Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd (in judicial management)  SGCA 116
- Tendcare Medical Group Holdings Pte Ltd (in judicial management) v Gong Ruizhong  SGHC 80
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 27
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 16
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 6
- Kiri Industries Ltd v Senda International Capital Ltd  SGHC(I) 2
- Senda International Capital Ltd v Kiri Industries Ltd  SGCA(I) 1
- Re Aathar Ah Kong Andrew  SGHCR 4
- Koh Keng Chew v Liew Kit Fah  SGHC 140
- Board Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law