Mui Hui's experience includes initial public offerings, reverse takeovers, fund raising exercises for both listed and unlisted companies involving the issue of bond instruments and share placements, corporate restructurings of private and listed companies, advising on continuing listing obligations, and providing general corporate advice to corporations.
She also has expertise in local and cross border mergers and acquisitions, such as the acquisition by Clyde Blowers Capital of the fluid and power business unit of Textron Inc., as well as formation of joint ventures. Most noteably, she has advised clients, including, Teho, Asahi, Great Wall Group, and Delong Holdings, in the formation of their joint ventures in countries such as Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia Her assistance include drafting and negotiating of legal documentation, conducting due diligence exercises and providing related advice.
Her involvement in public mergers and acquisitions include acting for offerors and offerees in take-over transactions, as well as acquisitions by listed companies of interests in private companies and vice versa.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised numerous corporates in relation to foreign investments and joint ventures, both locally and overseas, such as Myanmar and Thailand. These include:
- advising Asahi in an acquisition of a beverage manufacturer in Myanmar, one of the first Japanese investments in the consumer goods sector in Myanmar.
- advising a Myanmar conglomerate Great Wall Foodstuff on the part disposal of its sugar processing and sugar plantation business to Wilmar.
- advising a Myanmar property developer in its joint venture and property development transactions, as well as its potential public offering.
- advising a company listed in Singapore in its joint venture in the steel manufacturing sector in Thailand.
- Acted for Lifebrandz Ltd. in relation to its strategic acquisition of the business and assets of Qumulus Pte. Ltd.
- Advised 1st Software Corporation Ltd. ("1st Software") in relation to a voluntary conditional cash offer by Eresma Assets Inc. in its acquisition of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of 1st Software.
- Acted for Thinkpac Limited in relation to its mandatory conditional cash offer for SM Summit Holdings Limited ("Summit") in its acquisition of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of Summit.
- Advised MediaRing in its acquisition of the Cavu Corp Pte. Ltd. for SGD22 million.
- Advised Clyde Blowers Capital IM LLP in its acquisition of the fluid and power business unit of Textron Inc. for approximately USD645 million.
- Acted for the issue manager in the listing by introduction of Triyards Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Ezra Holdings Limited, on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Acted for Qingmei Group Holdings Limited in its initial public offering of approximately SGD57 million.
- Acted for PEC Ltd. in its initial public offering of approximately SGD30 million in Singapore.
- Acted for China Zaino International Ltd in its initial public offering of SGD87 million.
- Advised SM Summit Holdings Limited, a company listed on the SGX-ST, in its proposed reverse take-over of a private company.
- Acted for China Minzhong Food Corporation in relation to its share placement to PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk.
- Advised UOB Kay Hian Pte. Ltd. in relation to the conversion of a portion of the existing ordinary shares of Oceanus Group Limited to Taiwan Depository Receipts on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Acted for a Singapore listed property developer in a concurrent share placement and bond offering of approximately SGD390 million.
- Acted for CentraLand Limited in relation to its delisting from the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
General Corporate and Regulatory Compliance
- Advised Nortel Networks Singapore Pte. Ltd. and various Asian entities of the Nortel Group (“Nortel”) on Nortel’s debt restructuring arrangement involving debts of more than USD200 million.
- Advised several foreign listed companies in relation to the securities regulatory framework in Singapore, such as the legal and regulatory restrictions of the rights issue of shares by foreign listed companies to their shareholders located in Singapore.
- Advised several Singapore listed companies in relation to their corporate actions such as capital reduction exercises, share buyback mandates and interested persons transactions.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore