Mui Hui's expertise is in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Her experience includes initial public offerings and listings of securities on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, as well as overseas exchanges, including NYSE and the HKEx. She is also well versed in secondary, as well as pre-IPO fund raising exercises involving listed and private companies. Her experience also includes handling of numerous local and cross-border mergers and acquisition transactions involving listed as well as private companies in countries such as Malaysia, Myanmar and Cambodia. She also regularly advises on corporate restructurings, take-overs, continuing listing obligations, as well as other general corporate advice to corporations.
She has also a wealth of experience in local and cross border mergers and acquisitions. Most notably, she has advised clients, including China Maple Leaf, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Asahi, Great Wall Group, Delong Holdings and Teho in their investments or formation of joint ventures in countries such as Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia.
Her involvement in public mergers and acquisitions includes acting for offerors and offerees in take-over transactions, as well as acquisitions by listed companies of interests in private companies and vice versa.
Mui Hui is named as one of the top 20 most influential and promising legal luminaries aged 40 and under in 2019 by Singapore Business Review. She is also recognised as a notable practitioner by IFLR1000 (2022) for Capital Markets: Debt, Capital Markets: Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Corporate Finance - Listings and other corporate actions
- Acted for G.H.Y Culture & Media Holding Co., Limited ("GHY") in its initial public offering listing on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited ("SGX"). GHY is the first company utilising a variable interest entity structure to be listed on the SGX and the third non-REIT Main Board listing on the SGX in 2020, with a market capitalisation of approximately S$708.7 million at listing.
- Acted for Raffles Interior Limited in its initial public offering and successful listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. The market capitalisation of Raffles Interior Limited as of the date of listing was approximately HK$500.0 million.
- Acted for Hygieia Group Limited in its initial public offering and successful listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. The market capitalisation of Hygieia Group Limited as of the date of listing was approximately HK$500.0 million.
- Republic Healthcare Limited, in its HK$260 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Hon Corporation Limited, in its HK$240 million initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acted for RMH Holdings Limited, a dermatological specialist group, in its initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting as Singapore legal counsel for one of the largest elevator components manufacturers in China and the TOP500 in China machinery industry in conducting due diligence exercises on its Singapore incorporated subsidiaries and rendering legal opinions therewith in connection with its proposed listing on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Qumei Home Furnishings Group Co., Ltd., a company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, in conducting due diligence exercises on its Singapore incorporated subsidiaries and rendering legal opinions therewith in connection with its placement exercise.
- Acting for TBN Property in its proposed scheme of arrangement in relation to the transfer of listing status from Memstar to TBN Property.
- Acted for Eurosports Global Limited, in its S$23 million initial public offering and listing on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acted for the issue manager in the listing by introduction of Triyards Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of Ezra Holdings Limited, on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Acted for Qingmei Group Holdings Limited in its initial public offering of approximately S$57 million.
- Acted for PEC Ltd. in its initial public offering of approximately S$30 million in Singapore.
- Acted for China Zaino International Ltd in its initial public offering of S$87 million.
- Advised SM Summit Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, in its proposed reverse take-over of a private company.
- Acted for Gaylin Holdings Limited in its S$68 million placement.
- Acted for Sunpower Group Ltd. in its S$9.212 million placement.
- Acted for China Minzhong Food Corporation Limited in its S$89.67 million placement to PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk, a company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Teho Development Ltd. in its diversification of its core business and investment into Cambodia real estate development.
- Advised UOB Kay Hian Pte. Ltd. in relation to the conversion of a portion of the existing ordinary shares of Oceanus Group Limited to Taiwan Depository Receipts on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Ho Bee in a concurrent share placement and bond offering of approximately S$390 million.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for China Maple Leaf Educational Systems Limited in the S$680 million acquisition by Maple Leaf CIS Holdings Pte. Limited of 100% of the issued and paid up capital of Star Readers Pte. Ltd., which operates the Canadian International School in Singapore, from Rainbow Readers Pte. Ltd.
- Acted for ClassPass Inc. in its asset acquisition of Guava Holdings Pte. Ltd., GuavaPass DMCC LLC, Guava Pass Limited, GuavaPass Co., Ltd., GuavaPass Enterprise Management Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., RedBadger Inc. and GuavaPass Sdn. Bhd., for an aggregate consideration of US$4,200,000, with a loan of US$1,000,000 granted by ClassPass Inc. to Guava Holdings Pte. Ltd. in connection therewith. Upon completion of the asset acquisition, ClassPass acquired GuavaPass operations in Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Mumbai, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Advised numerous corporates in relation to investments and joint ventures, both locally and overseas, including Japan, Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia, amongst others. These include:
o Advising Mitsui O.S.K Lines in its approximately RM95 million investment in a PKT Logistic Group Sdn Bhd, a major logistics provider group in Malaysia.
o Advising Asahi in a joint venture and acquisition of a beverage manufacturer in Myanmar, one of the first Japanese investments in the consumer goods sector in Myanmar.
o Advising a Myanmar conglomerate on its joint venture and part disposal of its sugar processing and sugar plantation business to Wilmar.
o Advising a Myanmar property developer in its joint venture and property development transactions, as well as its potential public offering.
o Advising a Myanmar conglomerate in its joint venture with several Japanese based companies in the distribution sector in Myanmar.
o Advising a company listed in Singapore in its joint venture in the steel manufacturing sector in Thailand.
- Acted for Blackstone in the sale of the entire issued share capital in Aster (Kilang) Pte. Ltd., the registered proprietor of the property known as 10 Jalan Kilang, located off Jalan Bukit Merah.
- Acted for Hazel International Pte. Ltd., in the acquisition of the entire issued share capital in Canopus II Pte. Ltd., the registered proprietor of the property known as ibis Singapore Novena and situated at 6 Irrawaddy Road Singapore 329543.
- Acted for an investor in its acquisition of a MAS regulated corporate finance house in Singapore.
- Acted for Fullerton Finance in the subscription by International Finance Corporation in Fullerton Finance in relation to its operations in Myanmar.
- Acted for a P.R.C. state owned company in conducting a large scale due diligence exercise in its potential acquisition of a Singapore based company.
- Acted for Lifebrandz Ltd. in relation to its strategic acquisition of the business and assets of Qumulus Pte. Ltd.
- Advised MediaRing in its acquisition of the Cavu Corp Pte. Ltd. for S$22 million.
- Advised Clyde Blowers Capital IM LLP in its acquisition of the fluid and power business unit of Textron Inc. for approximately US$645 million.
General Offers and Delistings
- Advised Bank of China Limited, Singapore Branch, as joint financial adviser (together with DBS Bank Limited) to Jinhushen Biological Medical Science and Technology Co., Ltd and Tianjin Pharmaceutical (Singapore) International Investment Pte. Ltd., as offeror in the possible mandatory unconditional cash offer for shares in Tianjin Zhong Xin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation Limited, which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Main Board of the Singapore Exchange. Based on the offer price of US$0.893 per SGX-ST share and RMB17.43 per SSE share, the company is valued at around S$2.26 billion. The group is principally engaged in the manufacturing, sales and distribution of pharmaceuticals, including research, development and manufacture of Chinese patent medicines, Chinese herbal medicines, chemical raw materials and preparations, biomedicine and nutraceuticals, and its main products include cardiovascular and respiratory medicines, gastrointestinal drugs and anti-cancer drugs (December 2020).
- Advised Mark Wee Liang Yee as offeror in his mandatory unconditional cash offer for the shares of Blumont Group Ltd., which is listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange. Based on the offer price of S$0.0004 per share, Blumont is valued at S$11.03 million. The group is engaged in businesses of investment holding, sterilisation, property, and mineral and energy resources (November 2020).
- Advised Superior Partners Limited as offeror in its voluntary conditional cash offer for shares of LCT Holdings Limited, which is listed on the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange. Based on the offer price of S$0.60 per share, LCT is valued at S$21.2 million. The group is primarily engaged in property investment and provision of value-added services as well as professional and investment consultancy services (September 2020).
- Acted for Delong Holdings Ltd in relation to a voluntary conditional cash offer by Best Grace in its acquisition of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of Delong Holdings Ltd.
- Advised 1st Software Corporation Ltd. ("1st Software") in relation to a voluntary conditional cash offer by Eresma Assets Inc. in its acquisition of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of 1st Software.
- Acted for Thinkpac Limited in relation to its mandatory conditional cash offer for SM Summit Holdings Limited ("Summit") in its acquisition of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of Summit.
- Acted for CentraLand Limited in relation to its delisting from the Main Board of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
General Corporate and Regulatory Compliance
- Advised Nortel Networks Singapore Pte. Ltd. and various Asian entities of the Nortel Group (“Nortel”) on Nortel’s debt restructuring arrangement involving debts of more than US$200 million.
- Advised several foreign listed companies in relation to the securities regulatory framework in Singapore, such as the legal and regulatory restrictions of the rights issue of shares by foreign listed companies to their shareholders located in Singapore.
- Advised several Singapore listed companies in relation to their corporate actions such as capital reduction exercises, share buyback exercises and interested persons transactions.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore