Li Ming practises in the area of commercial litigation and arbitration, focusing on shipping, admiralty, maritime and commodities.
Li Ming’s keen interest in shipping, commodities and related fields first developed in law school at the National University of Singapore. In recognition of her academic excellence, she was placed twice on the prestigious Dean’s List. Upon graduation, and building on her interest in these topics, she embarked on her career in the Firm’s market-leading Shipping & International Trade practice, where she is now Partner of.
Li Ming constantly seeks to add value and find solutions for her clients. She offers practical advice and is results-oriented. She has substantial experience before the Singapore Court as well as in arbitration (SIAC, SCMA, LMAA, HKIAC and ICC etc.).
Her experience includes:
- A wide range of energy and trade work, concerning electricity, coal, steel, oil etc.
- She also advises and acts for shipyards in various matters, including shipbuilding, ship repair, liens and security enforcement.
- Advising and acting for shipowners on various matters including limitation actions, collisions and bill of lading matters.
- Shipbuilding disputes (from the perspective of both the buyer and the shipyard).
- Ship arrest, enforcements and obtaining of interim reliefs.
- Various charterparty disputes involving a wide range of issues such as COVID-19 implications, early redelivery, performance claims etc.
- Carriage of goods including recovery for damaged/lost cargo, abandoned cargo.
These are some of the cases that Li Ming was involved in:
- Seraya Energy Pte Ltd v Denka Advantech Pte Ltd and another suit (YTL PowerSeraya Pte Ltd, third party)  SGHC 2
- The “Posidon” and another matter  3 SLR 372
- Toptip Holding Pte Ltd v Mercuria Energy Trading Pte Ltd and another appeal  1 SLR 50;  SGCA 64
- Pan-United Shipping Pte Ltd v Cummins Sales and Service Singapore Pte Ltd  SGHC 198
- Toptip Holding Pte Ltd v Mercuria Energy Trading Pte Ltd  5 SLR 243;  SGHC 173
- The “Chem Orchid” and other appeals and another matter  2 SLR 50;  SGCA 4
- Gimpex Limited v Unity Holdings Business Ltd and others and another appeal  SGCA 17
- Gimpex Ltd v Unity Holdings Business Ltd and others and another appeal  2 SLR 686;  SGCA 8
- The “Vinalines Pioneer”  SGHCR 1
- The Orinoco Star  SGHCR 19
- Gimpex Ltd v Unity Holding Business Ltd and others  SGHC 224
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 Assessor, Ministry of Law