Jun Yi is a Partner in the Firm's Capital Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups. He has experience in capital markets work, takeovers, mergers and acquisitions and domestic and cross-border joint-ventures involving publicly listed companies, private companies, and funds in Singapore, China and in the region. In addition, he has also worked on several mergers, acquisitions and disposals involving real estate investment trusts and their managers.
Jun Yi's experience includes acting for:
General Offers / Schemes of Arrangement
- Perennial Real Estate Holdings Limited in the S$1.6 billion voluntary conditional cash offer made for and on behalf of Primero Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd., for all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in the capital of Perennial Real Estate Holdings Limited.
- BreadTalk Group Limited in the voluntary unconditional cash offer by BTG Holding Company Pte. Ltd., to acquire all of the issued ordinary shares in the capital of BreadTalk Group Limited, other than those already owned, controlled or agreed to be acquired by BTG Holding Company. The offer values BreadTalk Group Limited at approximately S$433.56 million.
- Health Management International Ltd., a company listed on the SGX-ST, ("HMI") on the proposed acquisition by PanAsia Health Limited of all the issued ordinary shares in the capital of HMI by way of a scheme of arrangement that values HMI at approximately S$611 million.
- Singapore Press Holdings in its collaboration with Keppel Corporation Limited in the pre-conditional voluntary general offer by Konnectivity Pte. Ltd., a special purpose vehicle which is jointly held by Keppel and SPH, for M1 Limited. The offer values M1 Limited at approximately S$1.9 billion.
- Respond Logistics, a consortium vehicle backed by the controlling shareholder of Poh Tiong Choon Logistics and private equity firm Tower Capital Asia, on the S$275.5 million voluntary conditional cash offer for Poh Tiong Choon Logistics.
- A member of the offeror/buyer consortium in the acquisition of Global Logistics Properties Limited for approximately US$11.87 billion. This landmark deal is one of the winning deals at This landmark deal is one of the winning deals at The Asia Legal Awards 2018, winning the “M&A Deal of the Year” for South East Asia, clinching the “M&A Deal of the Year (Premium)” award at the Asian Legal Business: SE Asia Law Awards 2018, as well as winning the “Best Cross-border M&A Deal” award at the FinanceAsia China Awards 2018.
- Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited in its offer to take SMRT Corporation Ltd private by way of a scheme of arrangement, in a high-profile deal which valued SMRT at approximately S$2.57 billion.
- Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology (JCET), as joint-lead deal counsel, advising on multiple aspects of a US$780 million (S$1.03 billion) pre-conditional voluntary general offer for STATS ChipPAC (including financing arrangements). This transaction won the Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2016 Asset and Corporate Finance Deal of the Year and the Singapore Business Review Business Ranking Awards 2015 Deal of the Year.
Real Estate Investment Trusts
- The manager of Ascendas US REIT (a subsidiary of Capitaland Limited) on the approximately S$1.29 billion proposed divestment of a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascendas US REIT, which owns a portfolio of 28 freehold office properties located across 3 top ten ranked tech-cities in the United States of America.
- The managers of OUE Hospitality Trust on the merger of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and OUE Hospitality Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement. Following the completion of the merger, the enlarged REIT has become one of the largest diversified Singapore-listed REITs, with an overall asset size of approximately S$6.8 billion.
- Merrill Lynch (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., financial adviser to Frasers Logistics & Industrial Asset Management Pte. Ltd. as manager of Frasers Logistics Trust ("FLT") in relation to the S$1.58 billion merger between FLT and Frasers Commercial Trust.
- Viva Industrial Trust Management Pte. Ltd. and Viva Asset Management Pte. Ltd. on the S$937 million merger of ESR-REIT and Viva Industrial Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement, the first merger of 2 listed S-REITs by way of a trust scheme of arrangement. This landmark deal won the M&A Deal of the Year at the 2019 Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2019.
- OUE Lippo Healthcare Limited ("OUELH") on its acquisition of 10.63% of the total units in First Real Estate Investment Trust (“First REIT”); OUE Limited (“OUE”) and OUELH's acquisition of 100% of the total shares in First REIT manager Bowsprit Capital Corporation Limited. The aggregate consideration for the acquisitions by OUE and OUELH was S$201.6 million.
- AMP Capital Group in the sale of its 50% stake in the management entities of AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT ("AA REIT") and its 10.26% stake in AA REIT to AIMS Group.
- The manager of Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust in its entire series of divestments of its China property portfolio valued at more than S$414 million.
Private M&A / Joint Ventures
- Singapore Exchange Limited on its joint venture with Temasek Holdings to set up Marketnode, Asia-Pacific’s first exchange-led digital asset venture focused on capital markets workflows through smart contracts, ledger and tokenisation technologies.
- Marketnode on its partnership with and investment in Covalent Capital Pte. Ltd. to collaborate and build Asia-Pacific’s first end-to-end digital infrastructure in the fixed income space.
- Japfa Ltd. in its strategic partnership with Meiji Limited involving a proposed sale of a 25% stake in its wholly-owned subsidiary, AustAsia Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd., to Meiji Co., Ltd. for a total cash consideration of US$254.4million. The purchase consideration values AustAsia at more than US$1 billion.
- GIC (Realty) Private Limited in the joint venture between ESR Cayman Limited and GIC, with a total equity commitment of US$500 million.
- Colliers International, a Nasdaq-listed commercial real estate services and investment management firm, on its acquisition of a controlling interest in Bangalore-based Synergy Property Development Services.
- OUE Lippo Healthcare Limited in its US$19.5 million acquisition of a stake in Yoma Siloam Pun Hlaing Hospital and Pun Hlaing International Hospital Limited, both incorporated in Myanmar with medical facilities and hospitals located in Myanmar.
- Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited in its information technology and cloud joint venture with India-listed Infosys Limited.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law