Jasselyn is a Partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group.
Her practice focuses mainly on equity capital markets transactions and mergers & acquisitions. She regularly advises issuers and underwriters on initial public offerings and listings, secondary listings and secondary fundraisings on the SGX-ST, as well as other recognised stock exchanges. She also advises issuers listed on the Main Board and the Catalist of the SGX-ST on their corporate actions, continuing obligations and compliance matters, as well as Singapore companies on general corporate and commercial matters.
Her experience includes advising both public and private companies in domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions transactions, such as acquisitions and divestments, investments and joint ventures.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Jasselyn’s experience includes acting for:
- Acted for Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited and DBS Bank Ltd., the joint bookrunners and underwriters, in the initial public offering and listing of Novo Tellus Alpha Acquisition, a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Acted for G.H.Y Culture & Media Holding Co., Limited in its initial public offering and listing on the Main Board of the SGX-ST. G.H.Y is the first company utilising a variable interest entity structure to be listed on the SGX-ST, with a market capitalisation of approximately S$708.7 million at listing.
- Acted for Koufu Group Limited in its initial public offering and listing on the Main Board of the SGX-ST. Koufu is one of the most established and largest operators and managers of food courts and coffee shops in Singapore, with a market capitalisation of approximately S$350 million at listing.
- Acted for CLSA Singapore Pte Ltd, the issue manager, in the listing by introduction of Yangzijiang Financial Holding Ltd on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Acted for XM Studios Pte. Ltd. in its S$4.5 million tokenised offering of exchangeable notes issued by its parent company, XM Holdco Pte. Ltd., on ADDX, a platform regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore to enable private market investing by accredited and institutional investors in unicorns, pre-IPO companies, hedge funds and other opportunities. XM Studios is a producer of luxury collectible assets, with an extensive portfolio of franchise properties from global entertainment and pop culture brands.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to YCP Holdings (Global) Limited on the listing of its Japanese Depositary Receipts on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Singapore companies in their overseas initial public offerings and listings in Hong Kong (HKEX Main Board and GEM) and in the United States (NYSE and NASDAQ).
- Acted for the joint bookrunners and underwriters in respect of the private placement of new units in Keppel DC REIT to raise gross proceeds of approximately US$204.3 million.
- Acted for the joint bookrunners and underwriters in respect of the private placement of new units in Keppel Pacific Oak US REIT to raise gross proceeds of approximately US$65.0 million.
- Acted for the joint bookrunners and underwriters in respect of the private placement of new units in United Hampshire US REIT to raise gross proceeds of approximately US$35.0 million.
- Acted for the placement agent in respect of the private placement of new shares in iFAST Corporation Ltd. to raise gross proceeds of S$105.0 million.
- Acted for the placement agent in respect of the private placement of new shares in Grand Venture Technology Limited to raise gross proceeds of S$28.5 million and the private placement of vendor shares for an aggregate consideration of S$11.4 million.
- Acted for TechnoPro Holdings, Inc. in connection with the approximately US$19.0 million sale of its entire stake in HRnetGroup Limited via a Regulation S block trade, with CLSA Singapore Pte Ltd acting as placement agent.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Sunseap Group Pte. Ltd. in the approximately S$1.1 billion sale of a 91% stake by certain shareholders to EDP Renewables. EDP Renewables also subscribed for new shares in Sunseap Group and granted a loan facility to Sunseap Group in connection therewith. Sunseap is a Singapore-based renewable energy firm, and an established player in the solar energy industry in the Asia-Pacific region with operations in various territories, including Vietnam, Cambodia, China, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand and Malaysia. EDP Renewables is the world's fourth-largest renewable energy producer.
- Acted for Hywel Investments Ltd., as vendor, in the S$570 million sale of 100% shares of Universal Storage Pte. Ltd., the holding company of the region’s largest self-storage operator, Extra Space Asia, to a consortium comprising APG Asset Management N.V. and CapitaLand Investment Limited.
- Acted for Gaw Capital Partners in the approximately S$1.6 billion acquisition by a consortium, comprising Gaw Capital Partners and Allianz Real Estate, of DUO Tower and DUO Galleria, a mixed-use development in Singapore, via the purchase of all the shares in Ophir-Rochor Commercial, the owner of DUO Tower and DUO Galleria.
- Acted for NanoFilm Technologies International Limited in the S$140 million joint venture between NanoFilm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited to undertake the hydrogen energy and hydrogen fuel cell business.
- Acted for Pluto Rising Pte. Ltd., as vendor, in the sale of a majority interest in Viz Branz Holdings Pte. Ltd. to a joint venture comprising Investcorp and Asia Food Growth Platform. Viz Branz is a Singapore-headquartered manufacturer and distributor of instant cereal and beverage brands across China and Southeast Asia.
- Acted for ClassPass Inc. in its asset acquisition of Guava Holdings Pte. Ltd. and its subsidiaries in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand for an aggregate consideration of US$4.2 million, with a loan of US$1.0 million granted by ClassPass Inc. to Guava Holdings Pte. Ltd. in connection therewith. Upon completion of the asset acquisition, ClassPass acquired GuavaPass’ operations in Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Mumbai, Shanghai and Singapore.
- Acted for Koufu Group Limited, which is listed on the Main Board of the SGX-ST, in the S$19.8 million acquisition of Deli Asia (S) Pte Ltd. and its related companies, which are involved in the business of manufacture and production of fried food and dough products.
- Acted for Fairfax Asia Limited, the offeror in the S$210.8 million voluntary conditional cash offer for the shares of Singapore Reinsurance Corporation Limited, which was listed on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
- Acted for ZHCC Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd., the offeror in the S$32.9 million voluntary conditional cash or shares offer for the shares of International Press Softcom Limited, which was listed on the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST.
- Acted for Harrier Group Pte. Ltd., the offeror in the S$14.0 million voluntary conditional cash offer for the shares of Sunvic Chemical Holdings Limited, which was listed on the Main Board of the SGX-ST.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Co-Author, Singapore Chapter, Initial Public Offerings 2023 Guide (Lexology GTDT)
- Co-Author, Singapore Chapter, Initial Public Offerings 2022 Guide (Lexology GTDT)
- Co-Author, Singapore Chapter, Initial Public Offerings 2021 Guide (Lexology GTDT)
- Co-Author, Empowering the Next Generation (SGSME, The Business Times)