Jason specialises in commercial litigation with a focus on fraud, asset recovery and investigations. He has advised and acted for clients in matters before both the Supreme Court of Singapore and the State Courts in a wide range of matters such as shareholder disputes, employment-related disputes, regulatory offences and contractual claims.
Prior to being called to the Singapore Bar in 2016, Jason served as an officer with the Singapore Armed Forces for 4 years. Jason holds an undergraduate degree in Sociology (with a minor in religious studies) from the National University of Singapore and graduated magna cum laude with a Juris Doctor degree from the Singapore Management University, and has earned academic awards in both fields of study.
As a postgraduate law student, Jason represented the Singapore Management University in various domestic and international moot competitions, and was part of the team that won the Willem C. Vis (East) International Commercial Arbitration Moot in 2015.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acting for a minority shareholder before the Singapore High Court in a minority oppression claim against the former directors and shareholder of a local technology company.
- Defending a former director of a listed company in relation to a claim involving breaches of directors’ duties and conspiracy.
- Defending a global financial institution in relation to a claim for wrongful dismissal made by a former employee.
- Acted for a family-owned company in a claim before the Singapore High Court in relation to debt recovery proceedings.
- Acted for a construction engineering company in relation to alleged breaches of contract arising from the construction of a supply chain hub.
Fraud, Asset Recovery & Investigations
- Acting for an Italian electric utility company in investigations and the recovery of assets dissipated globally as a result of fraud.
- Acting for a cross-border asset recovery consultancy service in investigations and debt recovery arising from breaches of sales agreements.
- Acted for an international hedge fund and quantitative investment management firm in investigations involving potential breaches of contract and restrictive covenants by ex-employees.
- Acted for a construction company in relation to claims involving breaches of the Electricity Act and the Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- Contributing author (co-authored with Harish Kumar, Jonathan Toh and Josephine Chee), “International Labour and Employment Laws”, 5th Ed, Singapore Chapter 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 Supplements, American Bar Association (2018)