Jared undertakes a broad range of work in the areas of commercial litigation and arbitration.
Jared is an experienced commercial dispute resolution lawyer who has practiced at two of Singapore’s top-tier dispute resolution firms. He has acted as lead counsel and has also worked with pre-eminent senior counsel. He is well-versed at handling trial, appellate, arbitration and advisory matters.
He has acted for a wide range of businesses, financial institutions, government-linked entities and high-profile individuals.
His practice focuses on fraud claims and investigations, asset protection and recovery, financial service disputes, construction disputes and employment disputes.
Here are some examples of the matters that Jared has handled:
Fraud Claims and Investigations
- Represented a high-profile family in an arbitration involving a US$2.4 billion fraud claim arising from the sale of a pharmaceutical company: ICC Case No. 19074/CYK.
- Represented a company in claims against its former directors and employees for losses caused by mismanagement and corruption: HC/S 1067/2015.
- Represented a Malaysian listed company and its Singapore subsidiary in defending fraud and conspiracy claims brought by the Singapore Comptroller of Income Tax: HC/S 350/2014; CA/CA 189/2015.
Financial Service Disputes
- Represented a project development company in defending a claim for payment for financial advisory services in relation to the development of a US$2 billion aromatic chemicals plant: CA/CA 95/2013; CA/CA 97/2013.
- Represented a local bank in defending claims for misrepresentation and contravention of the Financial Advisers Act: HC/S 232/2017.
- Represented a private bank in defending against claims for unauthorized currency trading: HC/S 125/2011.
- Represented a Malaysian government linked company in pursuing a claim against an Indonesian government linked insurer under a credit insurance policy: SIAC ARB 011/10/MM.
Asset Protection and Recovery
- Advised a Cayman segregated portfolio company in a dispute concerning the management of US$600 to US$800 million in assets.
- Represented secured creditors of the OW Bunker Group in numerous arbitration and litigation proceedings in connection with the recovery of assets secured under a US$700 million credit facility following the collapse of the group.
- Represented an investor in a joint venture dispute concerning the construction and development of the Capitol Singapore: HC/OS 1007-9/2016; HC/CWU 72-4/2016.
- Represented a subsidiary of a Singapore listed company in a dispute arising from the construction and development of energy and desalination facilities in Salalah, Oman: ad-hoc arbitration governed by UNCITRAL Rules.
- Represented a subsidiary of a Singapore listed company in a dispute concerning the provision of EPC services in respect of a lamella clarifier plant: HC/S 965/2012.
- Assisted in proceedings concerning a dispute over the non-supply of ready mix concrete in the wake of the 2007 Indonesian sand ban: CA/CA 160/2009.
- Acted as lead counsel for a project development company in the trial involving an employment dispute: DC/S 3012/2012/H.
- Represented an advertising company in a trial involving the enforcement of restrictive covenants and payment of employee benefits: HC/S 353/2012; HC/S 409/2012.
- Acted as lead counsel for former employees of a security firm in an employment dispute: HC/S 671/2010.
General Commercial Disputes
- Acted as lead counsel in a trial arising from a dispute over a biomass supply contract: HC/S 468/2015.
- Represented a property developer in an en-bloc dispute: HC/OS 941/2013; HC/OS 982/2013.
- Advised a Fortune 500 company in relation to claims arising from an air crash.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore