Janice is a Partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore’s Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group.
She has extensive experience on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital and private equity transactions.
Janice graduated with Pass with Distinction for her LL.M. specialising in International Financial Law in 2018 and was awarded The Dickson Poon School of Law Prize for being the best student on the LL.M. programme. Prior to that, Janice graduated with her LL.B. from King’s College London with First Class Honours where she won the Fasken Martineau Prize for Commercial Law and the Bird & Bird LLP Prize for Intellectual Property Law.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for AirAsia SuperApp and AirAsia Digital in their US$50 million acquisition from Gojek of its Thai business.
- Acted for Colliers International, a Nasdaq-listed commercial real estate services and investment management firm, on its acquisition of a controlling interest in Bangalore-based Synergy Property Development Services.
- Acted as lead transaction counsel to PSA Marine in its acquisition of 100% of the stake in Tramarsa Flota S.A. and its subsidiaries from the sellers, Inversiones Piuranas S.A. and Grupo Piurano de Inversiones S.A. This deal marked PSA’s first overseas investment in Peru.
- Acted for The Access Group in its acquisition of the Sage Group Australia and Asia businesses.
- Acted for OUE Hospitality REIT Management Pte. Ltd. (Manager of OUE Hospitality Real Estate Investment Trust) and OUE Hospitality Trust Management Pte. Ltd. (Trustee-Manager of OUE Hospitality Business Trust) on the merger of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and OUE Hospitality Trust by way of a trust scheme of arrangement in compliance with the Singapore Code on Take-overs and Mergers, which at the time was the largest merger between 2 real estate investment trusts/stapled trusts in Singapore. This deal has been nominated for the “Equity Market Deal of the Year (Premium)” at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2020.
- Acted for Singapore-listed Guocoland Limited in its disposal of its subsidiaries in Vietnam.
- Acted for Singapore-listed Synagie Corporation Ltd in its disposal of its entire e-commerce business to a consortium of investors.
- Acted for Hong Kong-listed China First Capital Group on its acquisition of 100% of the stake in Stirling Coleman Capital Limited, an independent corporate finance advisory firm based in Singapore.
- Acted for Singapore-listed HL Global Enterprises on its disposal of 100 percent of the issued shares in the capital of LKN Investment International to Natural Apex, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hong Kong-listed Jingrui Holdings.
- Acted for Fullshare Holdings Limited in its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Plaza Ventures Pte. Ltd. which holds GSH Plaza for a consideration of approximately S$231.94 million.
- Acted for Evia-Real Estate joint venture in its acquisition of an entity holding Tampines Grande, a grade A office development in Singapore. The underlying property was valued at S$395 million.
- Acted for SC Capital’s SCORE+ Fund in its acquisition of an entity holding Rivervale Mall, a shopping mall in Singapore. Rivervale Mall was valued at S$230 million.
- Acted for a fund in its acquisition of six entities holding six strata office floors in Suntec City. The underlying property was valued at S$160 million.
Joint Ventures / Investments / Venture Capital Transactions
- Acted for Singapore Exchange Limited in its joint venture with DBS Bank Ltd, Standard Chartered PLC and Temasek Holdings to develop Climate Impact X, a carbon exchange and marketplace which provides organisations with high-quality carbon credits to address hard-to-abate emissions. Climate Impact X is an initiative born out of Singapore’s Emerging Stronger Taskforce’s Alliance for Action (AfA) on Sustainability.
- Acted for Singapore Trade Data Exchange Services (SGTraDex) in connection with the joint venture involving IMDA, PSA, Trafigura, financial institutions and other asset and carrier operators to develop a supply chain common data infrastructure platform to streamline the sharing of information and data across global supply chain ecosystem partners.
- Acted for Intel Corporation and Intel Capital in various investment transactions, including the investment by Intel into Cellwize Wireless Technologies in its Series B fund raising round and Biofourmis Holdings in its Series D fund raising round.
- Acted for EDBI Pte. Ltd. in its investment into Legend Logistics Limited, an integrated specialised logistics provider headquartered in Singapore.
- Acted for the Trusting Social Group in its US$65 million Series C fund raising round from The Sherpa Company Limited, a subsidiary of Masan Group Corporation.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales