Gazalle Mok is a partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore’s Corporate Real Estate practice.
Gazalle has been a real estate lawyer for more than 15 years. Her extensive experience in the legal aspects of real estate includes sale and purchase of commercial and industrial buildings, acquisitions via government land sales, development projects for residential, commercial, medical and mixed use buildings, commercial leasing, mortgage loans (both conventional and islamic financings) and real estate investment trust (REIT) transactions.
Gazalle’s experience includes acted/acting for:
- A state owned company in the Gulf region in the property aspect of acquisition of land together with the petrochemical complex situated in Jurong Island pursuant to its acquisition of shares in a major petrochemical company in Singapore.
- Subsidiary proprietors in an en-bloc sale of a mixed devevelopment (ie. residential and retail units) along Balestier Road, Singapore.
- Subsidiary proprietors in the abortive en-bloc sale of a 209 residential development at South Buona Vista Road, Singapore.
- Local hotel group in the en bloc acquisition of 15 landed residential properties for development as a hotel at Jalan Sultan, Singapore.
- Local hotel group in the upgrading of State Lease and construction loan in respect of their hotel development at South Bridge Road, Singapore.
- Local hotel groupin the acquisition and mortgage of a row of shophouses along Hong Kong Street, Singapore for development as a hotel.
- Local hotel group in the negotiation with a hotel management company for the management of a business hotel at North Bridge Road, Singapore.
- Local hotel group in the financing of acquisition of a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand via share sale and purchase.
- Local small and medium-sized enterprise (SME in in the acquisition and lease of a commercial cum industrial building at Kaki Bukit, Singapore.
- Pristine Islands Investment (Maldives) Private Limited in the negotiation with ACCOR of the hotel consultancy services agreement and hotel management contract for the two international beach resorts under the ACCOR brand standards of “Pullman” and “Mecure” in Maldives.
- Public listed company in the disposal of a HDB industrial building at Marsiling Road, Singapore.
- Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services Inc in the structuring and negotiation of a sale and lease back of a piece of aerospace land in Canada.
- Vector Aerospace Asia Pte. Ltd in the structuring and negotiation of a sale and lease back of a Jurong Town Corporation aerospace land at Seletar, Singapore.
- Local SME in the acquisition of a shophouse at Stanley Street, Singapore by way of shares acquisition and the reviewing of the financing documents and the getting up for the drawdown of the facilities granted by the bank.
- REIT trustees in the property aspects of acquisition and disposal of properties like reviewing, drafting and advising trustees on the contents of the Sale and Purchase Agreements, preparing and reviewing property due diligence reports, reviewing of property management agreements, electricity supply and connection agreements and drafting of occupation agreements (eg. acquisition and lease of Iluma, Marina Bay Finance Centre, VivoCity, Clark Quay, 1 George Street, The [email protected] and acted for trustees in the 1st Sharia Compliant Reit).
- Offshore Investment Bank in negotiation of long term leases in prime commercial properties that were either completed or under construction (eg. acted for major financial institutions in the long term leases of premises at Marina Bay Finance Centre, The [email protected], Eightrium@ Changi Business Park and One Raffles Quay while they were still under construction. The value of each of the leases was worth a few millions dollars of rental per annum).
- Prominent Plaza Investment Private Limited in the drafting of template leases for commercial building at 380 Arc.
- Perennial (Somerset) Pte Ltd in the getting-up for the launch of the commercial development comprising 150 units which include both offices and medical suites, overseeing the downstream sale of the development and in the drafting of template leases for commercial building at [email protected]
- Plaza Ventures Pte Ltd in the getting-up for the launch of the commercial development known as GSH Plaza comprising 280 office units, overseeing the downstream sale of the development and in the drafting of template leases for the commercial building.
- LVND Investments Pte Ltd in the getting-up for the launch of the development known as Macpherson Mall which had a number of unique issues to be dealt with like the uncertainty in the number of units, size, share values and the configuration of the building at the time of the launch, overseeing the downstream sale of 83 retail units in the development and in the drafting of template leases for the shopping mall.
- FEC Skyline Pte Ltd (formerly, Tang Skyline Pte Ltd in the acquisition of a 99 years leasehold residential land parcel with commercial uses at 1st storey at Alexandra View, Singapore by way of public land tender from Urban Redevelopment Authority and the successful bid was S$376,880,000.00. Tang Skyline is a company jointly owned by both Tang City Holdings Pte Ltd. and Gigantic Global Limited (collectively, “Companies”) and both companies are in turn wholly owned subsidiaries of public companies listed in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The development is for residential and commercial use with around 400 to 450 residential units and the commercial component will include a supermarket and an infant care/childcare centre.
- Evia Real Estate, Greatearth and Malaysia’s public listed company, Gamuda Bhd (“Companies in the acquisition of a 99 years leasehold residential land parcel at Toa Payoh Lorong 4/Lorong 6, Singapore by way of a public land tender from HDB and the successful bid of S$345,860,000.00.
- Creative Investments Pte Ltd in the acquisition of 31 Newton Road to be almagamated with 29 Newton Road for redevelopment into a 54 units of housing development. Creative Investment Pte Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amara Holdings Limited.
- Fortune Properties Pte Ltd in the getting-up for the launch of the residential development known as [email protected] comprising 74 residential units and overseeing the downstream sale of the development.
- Feature Development Pte Ltd in the getting-up for the launch of the commercial development known as Centrium Square, comprising 231 medical, office and retail units and overseeing the downstream sale of the development.
- Malaysian Bank in the structuring of shariah compliant finance products for offering to the public in respect of financing of acquisition and refinancing of residential properties in Singapore.
- RB Capital Pte Ltd in the restructuring of the conventional corporate loans from Malayan Banking Berhad and successfully restructured/converted into Shariah compliant financing facilities for the purposes of financing the customer’s working capital in the management of a business hotel in Clarke Quay, Singapore.
- CIMB Bank Berhad (“Bank”) and TG Group of Companies (“Company”)in the refinancing of 2 stacks of residential properties owned by the Company via commodity murabaha term financing facilities allowed under the Shariah laws. The aggregate facility value is in excess of S$105 million was granted by the Bank via commodity murabaha term financing facilities allowed under the Shariah laws. Also assisted in the preparation of the template documents for the Bank in respect of their corporate Islamic Financing secured by real estate properties.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law