Favian is experienced in local and cross-border corporate transactions involving both private and public listed companies, including share and asset acquisitions and disposals, privatisations, joint ventures and private equity investments, as well as advising on general corporate and commercial matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted for an affiliate of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., in connection with its investment of an approximately 10.44% shareholding interest in PT Japfa Comfeed Indonesia Tbk, an Indonesian company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, for an aggregate consideration of approximately US$81.2 million.
- Acted for StarChase Motorsports (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., a related company of the Samling group of companies, in relation to the acquisition of the automotive business of WBL Corporation Limited, for approximately S$455 million.
- Acted for Cargill Tropical Palm Holdings Pte. Ltd. in the acquisition of the Poliplant Group's palm plantation business in West Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- Acted for CLSA Capital Partners in relation to its investment in the PT Arena Gourmet group, which operates a chain of casual dining restaurants in Indonesia.
- Acted for Daisho Development Singapore Pte. Ltd.,a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daisho Co., Ltd., in its acquisition of The Westin Singapore hotel business, for approximately S$468 million.
- Acted for L Capital Asia, the Asian private equity arm of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, in the acquisition of a 51% stake in the Ku Dé Ta group (now known as Cé La Vi).
- Acted for Tiger Airways Holdings Limited on the Singapore law aspects of the sale of its entire 40% shareholding interest in its Australian subsidiary, Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd. to Virgin Australia Holdings Limited.
- Acted for Tiger Airways Holdings Limited in respect of the acquisition of a 40% voting interest in South East Asian Airlines (SEAir), Inc..
- Acted for CapitaLand Limited in the acquisition of 40% of Surbana Corporation Pte. Ltd. from Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited, for a total cash consideration of S$360 million.
- Acted for Nomura Singapore Limited, being the Singapore financial advisers to GlobalWafers Co., Ltd., in connection with the proposed acquisition by GlobalWafers of SunEdison Semiconductor Co., Ltd. by way of a scheme of arrangement, for approximately US$683 million.
- Acted for the financial advisers to CMA CGM S.A., namely BNP Paribas, Singapore Branch, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch, and J.P. Morgan (S.E.A.) Limited, in connection with the pre-conditional voluntary general offer by CMA-CGM S.A. for all the shares in the capital of Neptune Orient Lines Limited, for approximately S$3.4 billion.
- Acted for MIRAIT Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of Lantrovision (S) Ltd. by way of a scheme of arrangement, for approximately S$175.3 million.
- Acted for the vendors, Standard Chartered Private Equity Limited and Metcomp Group Holdings, an affiliate of CVC Capital Partners, in relation to the pre-conditional voluntary general offer by Slater Pte. Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, for all the shares in the capital of Interplex Holdings Ltd., for approximately S$450 million.
- Acted for PT Indofood Sukses Makmur Tbk, in relation to the mandatory conditional cash offer by PT Indofood for all the shares in the capital of China Minzhong Food Corporation Limited, valuing China Minzhong at S$734 million.
- Acted for STX OSV Holdings Limited (now known as Vard Holdings Limited), in connection with the pre-conditional mandatory cash offer by Fincantieri Oil & Gas S.p.A., a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of Fincantieri – Cantieri Navali Italiani S.p.A., for all the shares in the capital of STX OSV,valuing STX OSV at S$1.4 billion.
- Acted for Baring Private Equity Asia Pte. Ltd., a significant selling shareholder in Hsu Fu Chi International Limited in relation to the acquisition by Nestlé S.A. of Hsu Fu Chi International Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement, for approximately S$2.1 billion. This deal was awarded the "IPP Financial Advisers Pte Ltd Award Singapore M&A Deal of the Year" at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards in 2012 and it is also one of Asian-Mena Counsel's "Deals of the Year" for 2012.
- Acted for Scoot Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines Limited, in its joint venture with Nok Mangkang Co., Ltd., a special purpose vehicle set up by Nok Airlines Public Company Limited, and Pueannammitr Co., Ltd., in connection with the establishment of a low cost carrier based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Acted for International Group of Entrepreneur Co., Ltd., in its joint venture with Daewoo International Corporation, for the construction of the Daewoo Amara Lotte hotel in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Acted for Singapore-Sichuan Investment Holdings Pte. Ltd. (a consortium comprising of Sembcorp Development Ltd. and certain subsidiaries of Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited) in its proposed development of Singapore-Sichuan Hi-Tech Innovation Park located in the Chengdu Hi-tech Zone’s south park within the Chengdu-Chongqing Economic Zone in the PRC with a total estimated investment of RMB 20 billion.
- Acted for Olam International Limited in relation to a joint venture with the government of the Republic of Gabon to jointly invest in Olam Fertiliser Gabon SA, for the purpose of undertaking a project to construct a port-based ammonia-urea fertiliser complex in Gabon for a total investment of approximately US$1.3 billion.
- Acted for CapitaLand Commercial Limited in relation to the joint venture with Hersing Corporation Pte. Ltd., to own, expand and develop the self storage business under the "StorHub" brand.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore