Cindy has extensive experience in Banking and Finance and Real Estate Finance, representing both lenders and corporate borrowers such as real estate developers, property funds and foreign investors.
She has advised foreign and local banks and financial institutions on a myriad of syndicated, club and bilateral loan transactions including shares financing, hotel purchase and other property-related financing in relation to collective sales projects, commercial buildings, Real Estate Investment Trust investments, government land sales and Jurong Town Corporation properties, as well as the grant of trade finance and working capital.
Cindy’s experience includes acting for:
- A group of investors including foreign consortium investors listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (acting through a special purpose vehicle), in obtaining close to S$400 million credit facilities from a syndicate of lenders to fund acquisition by tender of a 99 years leasehold residential land parcel with commercial uses at Alexandra View.
- A financial institution in the grant of credit facilities to a public listed Singapore developer in relation to acquisition of a 99 years leasehold residential site at Sembawang.
- Gem Homes Pte Ltd, investor group of Evia Real Estate, Greatearth Pte Ltd and Malaysia’s public listed company, Gamuda Bhd in obtaining credit facilities of more than S$300 million from a syndicate of lenders for the purposes of, inter alia, financing the acquisition, payment of the development charge and construction of a condominium on a 99 years leasehold residential land parcel at Toa Payoh Lorong 4/Lorong 6.
- A local bank in the grant of S$112 million facilities granted at two different levels to a group comprising companies from four different jurisdictions, in relation to its acquisition of shares of a special purpose vehicle holding Singapore property.
- Private bank arm of a local bank, inrevising their template loan and security documents and advising them on their practices when signing up high net worth individuals for new investment accounts.
- RB Capital Group in the financing of the acquisition of Gallery Hotel at 1 Nanson Road Singapore at a purchase price of S$232.5 million.
- A financial institution in the grant of credit facilities to a registered society to finance purchase of a row of shophouses at Sims Avenue, secured by the purchased property and other shophouses.
- LVND Investments Pte Ltd (formerly known as LVND Development Pte Ltd) in the grant of S$150 million credit facilities relating to the purchase of Hotel Windsor located at 401 Macpherson Road and again, acting in the subsequent refinancing.
- A local bank: Acting in the grant of S$130 million credit facilities to finance purchase of a hotel in Little India.
- Private Investors in the acquisition of shares by foreign private investors of a special purpose vehicle owning a condominium in Orchard area and the refinancing of facilities granted to such vehicle.
- A joint venture special purpose vehicle in the grant of credit facilities of up to S$137 million from United Overseas Bank Limited for the purposes of acquisition of certain remaining strata units of an 8-storey office building at Beach Road and redevelopment of the property into a hotel block.
- A syndicate of banks in the grant of S$264 million credit facilities to Frasers Centrepoint Trust to refinance its existing loans, secured by Northpoint and Northpoint 2.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Honourary Secretary, Riding for the Disabled Singapore