Chon Beng is a Partner with the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
His main practice area focuses on representing clients in private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cross-border investments and other corporate and commercial transactions. He also regularly advises clients on general corporate and regulatory issues.
Chon Beng started practicing law in 2000 with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, first in New York and subsequently in Hong Kong. Between 2005 to 2009, he practiced law in Singapore at Drew & Napier LLC and Rajah & Tan LLP. After joining Singapore Exchange Limited in 2010 as senior legal counsel, he returned to Rajah & Tann LLP in 2013.
Chon Beng’s experience includes acting in:
- Sale of 80% of Indoguna Singapore Pte. Ltd. and its affiliates in Dubai and Hong Kong to Siam Makro, a part of the C.P. Group. Counsel to sellers.
- Acquisition of Deep Identity Pte Ltd, an identity and access management solutions provider, by Trusted Source Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Management Services Pte Ltd. Counsel to Trusted Source.
- Sale of Q.B. Food Trading Pte Ltd, a leading food distributor in Singapore, by certain vendors to Johnsonville Singapore Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Johnsonville Sausage, LLC. Counsel to vendors.
- Acquisition of a stake in Aegis Group International Pte Ltd by Itochu Petroleum Co., (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Itochu Corporation, from Aegis Logistics Limited. Counsel to Itochu.
- Sale of a passenger solutions system business by dnata to Bravo Passenger Solutions Pte Ltd. Counsel to dnata.
- Acquisition of Dynasty Travel International Pte Ltd by JTB Pte Ltd from certain vendors. Counsel to the JTB.
- Sale of Singapore Mercantile Exchange Pte Ltd by Financial Technologies (India) Limited to Intercontinental Exchange Group Inc. Counsel to the FTIL.
- Investment by Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd, the investment arm of Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, into Joyful Frog Digital Incubator, a startup accelerator. Counsel to IIPL.
- Acquisition of a stake in Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. from Iskandar Investment Berhad and United World Infrastructure LLC. Counsel to Mitsui.
- Acquisition of an enterprise solutions and integration business by Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation and Itochu Corporation from the CSC Group. Counsel to Itochu Techno-Solutions and Itochu.
- Sale of Lonza Biologics Singapore Pte Ltd by Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd to Genentech Singapore Pte Ltd (a member of the Roche Group). Counsel to the Lonza.
- Sale of Lehman Brothers’ broker/dealer and securities business and assets in India by Lehman Brothers Securities Private Limited and Lehman Brothers Advisors Private Limited to Nomura Asia Investment (Fixed Income) Pte Ltd. The transaction was part of the liquidation of the assets of Lehman Brothers Investments Pte Ltd by the appointed liquidators, KPMG Advisory Services Pte Ltd. Counsel to the Lehman Brothers and KPMG.
- Sale of Lehman Brothers’ asset management business and assets in Hong Kong by Lehman Brothers Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd (In Liquidation) to Neuberger Berman Asia Holdings II LLC. The transaction was part of the liquidation of the assets of seller by the appointed liquidators, KPMG Advisory Services Pte Ltd. Counsel to the Lehman Brothers and KPMG.
- Joint venture between Kim Eng Holdings Limited and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Ltd. to set up an asset management company incorporated in Singapore. Counsel to Kim Eng Holdings Limited.
- Private equity investment in Triton Hydrocarbons Pty Ltd by Tiedemann Investment Group. The investment was made via a convertible bond issued by Triton. Counsel to Tiedemann.
- Sale of a steel drum manufacturing facility in Vietnam by Asian Steel Company Ltd (a subsidiary of the Sumitomo group of companies) to Greif International Holding B.V. Counsel to Sumitomo.
- Sale of a purified isophthalic acid manufacturing facility in Singapore by Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd to the Perstorp Group. Counsel to the Lonza.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore