Lim Chen Chen is a partner in the Shipping & International Trade Practice of Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
Her practice focuses on non-contentious aspects of shipping, cross-border and offshore transactions and ship financing.
She is recognised as a Rising Star lawyer in Shipping, Maritime & Aviation by Asialaw Profiles 2014 and 2016, 2018 and 2019.
Chen Chen’s experience includes acting for:
- Arranger and lenders in a club loan involving US$100 million financing to an Indonesian borrower to support its upstream oil extraction activities.
- Arranger and lenders in their financing of up to US$53 million to an Indonesian borrower for the purpose of financing a coal power plant in Indonesia.
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Oslo Branch and Scotiabank Europe Plc (as Singapore counsel) in the US$50 million financing of 3 craned dry bulk carriers each of 40,000 dwt.
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited in:
- its financing of approximately US$115 million to a borrower in respect of the acquisition of 2 Maltese companies and assisted with the security package containing two self-elevating jack up rigs; and
- its financing to a Singapore company in connection with the completion of the acquisition of 20% stake by the company in 3 petroleum concessions in Thailand.
- DBS Bank Ltd in:
- its refinancing of up to US$85.45 million term loan facility and US$22 million revolving credit facility to a Singapore company secured by security over 12 vessels flagged in Singapore, Indonesia and Panama; and
- its financing of 4 container vessels to a Singapore company in the aggregate amount of US$50 million.
- United Overseas Bank Limited in its refinancing of up to US$63 million term loan facility to a Singapore company secured by security over 12 vessels.
- Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad in its US$55 million financing to a Labuan incorporated borrower involving a mobile offshore production unit.
- Borrowers in syndicated credit facilities comprising up to US$180 million extended by Standard Chartered Bank and PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk.
- Shipowners in the sale and purchase of vessels.
- Arranging re-flagging of Singapore flag vessels to Malaysia, Panama, Indonesia, Malta, Tuvalu, Marshall Islands’ ship registry.
- Assisting the lender in its financing to borrower in respect of the financing of a hydropower plant in Indonesia.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore