Arnold joined Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP as a partner in 1999. His primary focus is in investment funds and related regulations. He leads the Funds & Investment Management Practice Group that provides advice on fund management and investment advisory services and generally on the establishment of both onshore and offshore investment funds.
Recognised as “a leading light in Singapore for private funds work”, Arnold has been named as a Global Elite Thought Leader for Private Funds by Who’s Who Legal since 2018. In addition, he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in Singapore for Private Funds since 2010 and Venture Capital Law since 2013. Arnold is also consistently named in Chambers Asia Pacific and Euromoney's Guide to the World’s Leading Investment Funds Lawyers as a leading lawyer in Singapore for investment funds.
His team represents a broad cross section of investment managers in Singapore across various asset classes.
Other clients in related industries include private client and wealth management units of banks, and other financial institutions such as fund administrators, investment fund distributors, trustees and custodians.
Arnold advises clients in the establishment of both onshore and offshore investment funds including hedge funds, private equity and real estate funds.
He also assists clients on all regulatory matters involved in establishing a fund management presence in Singapore. This includes applying for licenses under the relevant securities laws in Singapore or operating under applicable exemptions, as well as advising on ongoing compliance obligations and business conduct rules.
The practice also assists investment management clients on corporate matters including seeding arrangements with professional seeders, shareholder agreements, employment and service agreements.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Member of Executive Committee, Singapore Funds Industry Group
- Member of Regulatory Sub-Committee, The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA)
- Co-authored a chapter "The regulation of hedge funds in Singapore" in the book titled "Starting a Hedge Fund - an Asian Perspective" published by ISI Publications, January 2003
- Capital Asia Magazine (ISI Publication – Hong Kong) June 2001 – "Fund Management In Singapore"
- Capital Asia's Guide to Hedge Funds 2002 (ISI Publication – Hong Kong) – "The Regulation of Hedge Funds in Singapore"
- Singapore chapter in "Hedge Funds and the Law" published by Sweet & Maxwell Limited
- International Survey of Investment Adviser Regulation, 2012 – Edited by Marcia L. MacHarg and Kenneth J. Berman – Co-Author of Singapore Chapter (Published by Wolters Kluwer)