Anne is the Head and Partner in the Funds and Investment Management Practice Group at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP. She has more than twenty years of practice experience in investment funds work.
Anne is ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific (since 2013) as a leading individual for Investment Funds and was given an individual award by Client Choice International Guide as a leading lawyer. Anne is also selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in the field of Private Funds (since 2014) and recognised in Legal 500 Asia Pacific as well as Who’s Who Legal and Who’s Who Legal – Southeast Asia as a leading lawyer in Private Funds (Formation).
Legal publications note that that Anne is a “respected figure and wins recommendations from peers across Europe and Asia” and “has built a reputation as an excellent investment funds lawyer, with strength on Singapore regulatory work in particular”. Anne has also been described by legal publications as “a very knowledgeable lawyer” who has “an in-depth understanding of commercial and practical requirements of a business”, who provides “high quality service that extends beyond the monetary value” and is praised for the “accuracy of her information” as well as her “in-depth understanding of Singapore’s regulatory requirements” in the funds space.
She regularly acts in the formation and restructuring of a wide range of onshore and offshore investment funds covering a broad range of strategies and asset classes including hedge funds, fund of funds, fund-of-ones, hybrid funds, private equity funds, private credit funds and other pooled private investment vehicles, as well as in fund transactional and advisory matters for private and institutional investors.
Her experience includes advising investment managers on the structuring and negotiation of seed and strategic investments as well as mergers and acquisitions involving fund management groups.
Anne is a specialist in the counsel and preparation of complex regulatory submissions and regularly acts in the licensing and registration of fund management companies and financial intermediaries covering a broad range of business models. She regularly advises on ongoing business conduct matters, formation issues, marketing and securities offering arrangements.
The Funds & Investment Management Practice that she leads is ranked as a Band 1 practice for Investment Funds – Domestic by Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific (since 2021) and Tier 1 for Investment Funds : Local Firms by Legal 500 Asia Pacific (since 2019).
Anne is fluent in English, Chinese and the Malay language and is a recipient of the ASEAN Scholarship for her Pre-University studies at National Junior College in Singapore, who later read law at the National University of Singapore.
Anne regularly acts in:
- the conceptualising, structuring and formation of Singapore-domiciled investment funds and offshore investment funds (including fund-of-one structures) pursuing a diverse range of investment strategies and asset classes
- the structuring, drafting and negotiation of managed account agreements
- the counsel and drafting of complex regulatory submissions to regulators on behalf of fund managers and financial intermediaries
- fund transactional and advisory matters for private and institutional investors
- all aspects of licensing and the drafting of licence applications/submissions for fund management businesses and other financial intermediary businesses
- merger and acquisitions involving fund management groups and fund portfolios, including advising and assisting with applications to the Monetary Authority of Singapore for change of control involving various M&A corporate transactions
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Regulatory Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA)