Alina has more than 10 years of experience, specialising in commercial dispute resolution.
Alina has advised and acted in a wide range of matters involving cross-border joint venture disputes, derivative actions as well as claims involving restraint of trade, breaches of fiduciary duties, employment and sale of goods. She has been involved in both arbitration and litigation proceedings and has appeared before the Singapore International Commercial Court.
Alina was previously appointed as amicus curiae under the Singapore Supreme Court’s Young Amicus Curiae Scheme.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Acting for Singapore and Australian subsidiaries of an Australian listed company against an Indonesian coal conglomerate in the assessment of damages before the Singapore International Commercial Court, following a successful judgment on liability: BCBC Singapore Pte Ltd and another v PT Bayan Resources TBK and another  5 SLR 77 and  SGHC(I) 6,  4 SLR 1;  SGHC(I) 1.
- Successfully defended a high net-worth individual against a claim brought by two BVI and two Liberian companies seeking recovery of allegedly wrongful payments, in proceedings before the Singapore International Commercial Court: Esben Finance Ltd and others v Wong Hou-Lianq Neil  SGHC(I) 25.
- Successfully acted in proceedings before the Singapore High Court and the Singapore Court of Appeal for a shareholder who sought leave to commence a derivative action against the company’s directors: Ma Wai Fong Kathryn v Trillion Investment Pte Ltd and others  SGHC 79, which was upheld on appeal.
- Successfully acted for a shareholder before the Court of Appeal in seeking the winding up of a company for loss of substratum.
- Successfully acted for a coal trading company in Singapore in obtaining a Mareva injunction against former associates and employees in dispute involving misappropriation of company assets and breaches of directors’ duties.
- Acting for inter-dealer brokers in claim brought against them for breach of employment contract.
- Acted for a Philippine LPG supplier in bringing a claim against a Singapore company for breaches of a sale and purchase agreement in SIAC arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for a government-linked entity in resisting a claim for alleged breaches of a concession agreement in SIAC arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for a large Indian company in resisting a claim for alleged breaches of non-disclosure agreements.
- Acted as sole arbitrator in a contractual dispute in SIAC proceedings.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore