Adzfar is a Partner with the firm’s Banking & Finance practice group. His area of practice covers a wide range of banking and finance matters which include bilateral facilities, syndicated loans, acquisition financing, real estate financing and project financing transactions.
He regularly acts for both lenders and borrowers and has advised local and foreign banks and financial institutions, venture debt financiers and listed entities.
Adzfar graduated from the Singapore Management University in 2013 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2014.
The transactions that Adzfar has worked on include:
Banking & Finance Transactions
- Acted for the Singapore branch of a Malaysian bank in connection with a S$250 million murabaha facility to a major hotel owner and operator, which was structured as the world's first green Islamic facility in the hospitality sector.
- Acted for DBS Trustee Limited (in its capacity as trustee of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust) and RBC Investor Services Trust Singapore Limited (in its capacity as trustee of OUE H Sub Trust) as co-borrowers in its S$978 million refinancing facilities from a syndicate of local and international lenders.
- Acted for DBS Trustee Limited (in its capacity as trustee of OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust) in connection with a sustainability-linked S$540 million term and revolving facilities for the refinancing of OUE Downtown.
- Acted for a syndicate of lenders in a refinancing (by way of bank debt and issuance of secured notes) of a S$919 million secured syndicated facility for the construction of a mixed office and residential development.
- Acted for Sunseap Group in relation to a S$86.8 million green loan facility from DBS Bank and United Overseas Bank Limited for the construction and installation of solar photovoltaic systems across more than 1,200 public housing blocks and 49 government sites, being the largest clean energy project in Singapore as at the date of completion of the financing.
- Acted for BPH Propco LLP (a joint venture between OUE Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and ACRE Angsana Pte Ltd (a special purpose vehicle managed by Allianz Real Estate Asia Pacific Pte Ltd)) in relation to term and revolving facilities of S$633.8million for the purpose of financing BPH Propco LLP's acquisition of OUE Bayfront.
- Acted for a major local bank in connection with S$155 million bridge and property loan facilities to finance the acquisition of shares listed on the Singapore Exchange via open market purchases or negotiated transactions with selected shareholders.
- Acted for a major local bank in connection with a S$147 million bridge facility to finance the acquisition of shares listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Acted for Sunseap Group in relation to a S$50 million facility from ING Bank for the construction of a portfolio of rooftop solar projects in Singapore. This deal is the first green loan in ASEAN that is compliant with LMA/APLMA Green Loan Principles for a portfolio of rooftop solar projects.
- Acted for CMX Re Sunseap Vietnam Joint Stock Company in connection with a US$120 million loan arranged by Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, for the construction of a 168 MW photovoltaic solar power plant in Vietnam.
- Acted for the UTAC Holdings Ltd. And Global A&T Electronics Ltd. as Singapore counsel in relation to its refinancing in connection with a prepackaged plan of reorganization filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, White Plains Division.
- Acted for Overseas Family School Limited in relation to a S$120 million facility granted by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- Acted for and continuing to act for a major venture debt provider in South-East Asia for the provision of venture loans to start-up and growth stage companies in the region.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law