Adzfar is a Partner with the firm’s Banking & Finance practice group. His area of practice covers a wide range of banking and finance matters which include bilateral facilities, syndicated loans, acquisition financing, real estate financing and project financing transactions.
He regularly acts for both lenders and borrowers and has advised local and foreign banks and financial institutions, venture debt financiers and listed entities.
Adzfar graduated from the Singapore Management University in 2013 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2014.
The transactions that Adzfar has worked on include:
Banking & Finance Transactions
- Acted for OUE Commercial REIT and OUE Hospitality Sub-Trust in connection with S$900 million term and revolving loan facilities from a syndicate of banks.
- Acted DBS Bank Ltd. and ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch in relation to a US$55 million data-centre acquisition financing transaction.
- Acted for a club of lenders in relation to a multicurrency revolving subscription line facility to a major impact investing private equity fund.
- Acted for Sunseap Group in relation to a S$50 million facility from ING Bank for the construction of a portfolio of rooftop solar projects in Singapore. This deal is the first green loan in ASEAN that is compliant with LMA/APLMA Green Loan Principles for a portfolio of rooftop solar projects.
- Acted for CMX Re Sunseap Vietnam Joint Stock Company in connection with a US$120 million loan arranged by Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited, for the construction of a 168 MW photovoltaic solar power plant in Vietnam.
- Acted for UTAC Holdings Ltd. and Global A&T Electronics Ltd. as Singapore counsel in relation to its refinancing in connection with a prepackaged plan of reorganisation filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, White Plains Division.
- Acted for VIVA Industrial REIT in connection with a S$100 million term facility from The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Singapore Branch.
- Acted for Overseas Family School Limited in relation to a S$120 million facility granted by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- Acted for and continuing to act for a major venture debt provider in South-East Asia in the provision of venture loans to start-up and growth stage companies in the region.
- Acted for a subsidiary of a major foreign listed entity in connection with a US$100 million facility from a foreign bank.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law