Yi Jing has been practising as a corporate lawyer since she was called to the bar in 2003. She has been practicing mainly in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, continual listing work, general corporate and commercial transactions. She also provides regulatory and fund structuring advice.
She has been recommended in Capital Markets in The Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2013 Edition) which notes that “Yi Jing is very dedicated and has good interpersonal skills”. She speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and is conversant in Hokkien and Teochew.
- Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions: Advised on various investments, mergers, acquisitions and disposals for listed and private companies.
- Initial Public Offerings (“IPO”): Conducted the IPO process on various companies on the Main Board and Catalist of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited as both issuer’s and underwriter’s counsel. Scope of work includes, inter alia, drafting and reviewing prospectuses, conducting due diligence, advising on legal restructuring and pre-IPO investment agreements.
- Continual listing work: Advised on various capital market transactions including rights issues and bonus issues as well as continuing listing obligations such as those involving major acquisitions and interested person transactions.
- General Corporate and Commercial: Advised on a wide range of transactions and requirements in particular to those relating to Companies Act and Securities and Futures Act, including amendments to articles, adoption of share award/option schemes and share purchase mandate, shareholders’ agreements, sale and purchase agreements, memorandum of understanding, non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, consultancy agreements and employment agreements. She is also involved in structuring of funds for her clients in asset management.
- Regulatory: Advised on the applications for the capital market services licences and financial adviser licences with the Monetary Authority of Singapore, related continuing obligations of licence holders and applicable exemptions for conducting regulated activities. Advised on prospectus requirements and exemptions in relation to its securities offering in Singapore.
Yi Jing’s experience includes acting for:
- Mizuho Asia Partners in the management buyout of Vega Company Limited from HPEF6 (SEA1) Limited. Vega is the holding company of Sing Lun Holdings Pte. Ltd, a textile manufacturer.
- OUE Limited in various transactions such as its disposal of Hotel Investment (Shantou) Limited and Hotel Investment (Hainan) Private Limited, its investments and transactions in certain private companies as well as its subscription of shares in Gemdale Properties and Investment Corporation Limited, a company listed on the HKSE.
- Culinary Investment Co Ltd in the private equity investment by Mizuho Asia Partners.
- Shwe Taung Group in its joint venture in relation to its BMW and heavy machinery distribution.
- CMIA Capital Partners in its proposed investment in the PRC in an agriculture company.
- NYSE-listed Pulse Electronics Corporation and its Singapore subsidiaries, in relation to the recapitalisation investment in the Pulse group of companies by certain affiliates of investment funds managed by private investment firm Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- Temasek Life Sciences Ventures Private Limited in his disposal of Bioforest Private Limited to Samko Timber Ltd in consideration of issuance of new shares in Samko to Temasek Life Science, as well as other transactions involving Temasek Life Science.
- UTI International Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of UTI Asset Management Company Ltd, in its acquisition of 49% of UTI International (Singapore) Private Limited from Shinsei Investments III Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Shinsei Bank.
Capital Market Transactions
- Maybank Kim Eng Securities, the independent financial adviser to the independent directors of Tiger Airways in the general offer made by Singapore Airlines for Tiger Airways.
- Either the issuer, issue managers, underwriters, placement agents or vendors in the IPOs of Jumbo Group Limited, ISEC Healthcare Ltd, iFast Corporation Limited, Japfa Ltd, China Jishan Holdings Limited, Westcomb Financial Group Limited, Midsouth Holdings Limited, Chunghong Holdings Limited, Bright World Precision Machinery Limited, Westminster Travel Limited, CNMC Goldmine Holdings Limited, Global Premium Hotel Limited and others.
- Various listed clients such as OUE Limited, Hyflux Ltd, Delong Holdings Ltd, EnviroHub Holdings Ltd and IPC Corporation Limited, Excelpoint Technology Ltd, Fragrance Group Limited, Global Premium Hotels Ltd in their continuing listing obligations.
- Stirling Colemen and Cannacord Genuity, the financial advisers to Memstar Technology Limited in its proposed acquisition of the Longmen Group Ltd, a private natural gas developer.
- Wilton Resources Holdings Pte Ltd, the target company in the proposed acquisition (RTO) by Hartawan Holdings Limited.
- Centurion Corporation Limited in its warrant issue.
- PT Sugih Energy Tbk in its partial offer for 51% of Ramba Energy Limited.
- Sumitomo Corporation in its acquisition of C&O Pharmaceutical Technology (Holdings) Limited from Leo Star Development Limited.
- Leon Capital L.P. I (Leon Capital) and Alpha Option Investments Limited in the proposed voluntary delisting of Map Technology Holdings Limited from the Official List of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
- Adampak Limited in relation to the voluntary offer by private equity firm Navis Capital.
- Food Junction Holdings Limited in relation to the voluntary conditional cash partial offer by Auric Pacific Group Limited. Acted for Kian Ho Bearings in relation to the mandatory conditional cash offer by Tat Hong Holdings Ltd.
Articles and Speaking Engagements
- Panellist at “Start Ups and the Law”, an event organised by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Wrote “Creating a Happy Union”. an article for SME, SPH Business Times on the relationship between founding shareholders and venture capital investors.
- Wrote “Capital Idea”, an article for SME, SPH Business Times on corporate venture capital investments.
- Other articles or speaking engagements include discussions on Gender Diversity for the Singapore Institute of Directors.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore