Chua Wei Min is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Commercial Practice.
Wei Min specialises in cross border corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, funds and regulatory compliance. She has extensive experience in advising on legal and compliance issues in foreign direct investments in all sectors and works closely with clients on practical solutions. She also focuses on Chinese direct investments.
She is also experienced in private client work involving trusts and foundations (family and philanthropic). She also advises on the use of such structures for commercial and restructuring purposes.
Most recent experience includes practice focus on general corporate, cross-border and Singapore SME mergers and acquisitions, establishment of funds, trust advisory relating to Singapore trust and Singapore family office set ups.
- Advised and conducted the legal due diligence on the proposed acquisition of Biosensors Interventional Technologies Pte Ltd., Biosensors Investment (Singapore) Pte Ltd and V-Sciences Investments Pte Ltd by a China-owned insurance group.
- Advised China Hainan Rubber Industry Group Co., Ltd. proposed acquisition of 73.46% interest in R1 International Pte Ltd which involved coordinating the legal due diligence of various ASEAN countries.
- Advised JD.com on e-commerce regulatory issues in relation to their proposed e-card business in Singapore.
- Advised the purchasers, being an insurance group including Insurtech Limited and Alink Limited known as Kuaibao Insurance Group, a group dedicated to develop an online insurance platform providing. inter alia, life insurance, property insurance and other financial services in China, of the acquisition of Abacare Singapore Pte Ltd, which is an insurance broker licensed by the MAS, from the existing vendors. Abacare Singapore Pte Ltd is part of the group of companies owned by Abacare International Group, an insurance group established in 1997 providing services to customers in Hong Kong, Singapore, Philippines and China. Consideration is in the form of consideration shares in the purchaser group.
- Advised UEM Edgenta Berhad and Edgenta (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., as borrowers in a cross-border leverage financing transaction in relation to the acquisition by Edgenta (Singapore) Pte Ltd of a Singapore company, Asia Integrated Facility Solutions Pte Ltd.
- Advised Home Credit International A.S. for the investment into Eureka Analytics Pte Ltd, a company in the business of operating as a specialised analytics company.
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of Chiropractic Care Pte Ltd.
- Advised a Chinese acquirer in the acquisition of the Singapore and Malaysian businesses of a music company group, including Ocean Butterflies International Pte Ltd, Ocean Butterflies Music Pte Ltd, OB Forest Music School Pte Ltd, Touch Music Publishing Pte Ltd, Halo Music (M) Sdn Bhd, Halo Forest Sdn Bhd and Touch Music Publishing (M) Sdn Bhd.
- Advised Asahi Holdings Southeast Asia Sdn Bhd in the acquisition of Advend Systems Pte Ltd which is a major vending machines operator in Singapore. Asahi is a company that manufactures, distributes and markets some of the leading Halal beverages in Malaysia and Singapore. Some of the brands include Pepsi, Mirinda, 7Up, Calpis, Wonda, Goodday and more. The transaction value is estimated at S$83 million.
- Advised the sellers in the disposal of Scientific Resources Pte Ltd, a scientific distribution company in Singapore.
- Advised UOA Development Berhad in their joint venture with Capitaland (Vietnam) Holdings Pte Ltd in relation to their Vietnam land development project.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law