Wee Hann is a Partner of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
He has over 30 years of experience in advising companies on multi-jurisdictional cross-border investments, private mergers & acquisitions, sale and purchase of companies and businesses and other corporate transactions.
He has been ranked as a leading lawyer in Private Mergers & Acquisitions in IFLR1000 and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Wee Hann’s expertise also includes advising numerous biotechnology, health and pharmaceutical global leaders on cross-border acquisitions and divestments – he has been regularly recognised as a Global Elite Thought Leader in Who’s Who Legal for Life Sciences.
Wee Hann was a recipient of the ASEAN Scholarship for his Pre-University studies at Hwa Chong College in Singapore.
Wee Hann’s experience includes acting in:
- Sale of 80% of Indoguna Singapore Pte. Ltd. and its affiliates in Dubai and Hong Kong to Thai-listed wholesaler, Siam Makro for S$117.6 million. Counsel to sellers.
- Acquisition by Kamei Corporation of the Lee Huat Yap Kee Group of Companies, a major distribution group involved in the storage, delivery and supply of marine lubricating oil in Singapore. Counsel to buyer.
- Sale of 85% of Q.B. Food Trading Pte Ltd, one of the leading distributors of frozen meat, chilled meat, cheese and food products to retailers and the hospitality industry in Singapore to Johnsonville Sausage, LLC. Counsel to seller.
- Acquisition by JTB Corporation of Dynasty Travel International Pte Ltd. JTB and Dynasty are the leading travel agencies in Japan and Singapore respectively. Counsel to buyer.
- Acquisition by the Mitsui Group of 19.9% of Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“MIM”). MIM is responsible for the urban development of the Medini district in the Iskandar development region located in Johor, Malaysia. Counsel to buyer.
- Acquisition by Phillip Capital Group of HwangDBS Commercial Bank Plc in Cambodia from HwangDBS (Malaysia) Bhd (a Malaysian financial services group) in a US$40 million deal. Counsel to buyer.
- Sale of the enterprise solutions and integration (ESI) business in Singapore and Malaysia by the CSC Group to the Itochu Group. Counsel to the buyer.
- Investment in KS Drilling Pte Ltd by Itochu Corporation for US$47.5 million. Counsel to Itochu Corporation.
- Sale of Lehman Brothers’ franchise in the Asia Pacific region, including Singapore, to Nomura Holdings Inc. for approximately US$225 million. The sale comprised the fixed assets of Lehman Brothers’ franchise and the migration of approximately 3,000 employees in multiple locations across the Asia Pacific region. Counsel to the seller and KPMG.
- Sale of shares in Lehman Brothers Fixed Income Securities Private Limited by Lehman Brothers Securities Private Limited and Lehman Brothers Advisors Private Limited to Nomura Asia Investment (Fixed Income) Pte Ltd. Transfer of Lehman Brothers’ broker/dealer and securities business and assets in India. Part of the liquidation of the assets of Lehman Brothers Investments Pte Ltd by the appointed liquidators, KPMG Advisory Services Pte Ltd. Counsel to the sellers and KPMG.
- Sale of shares in Neuberger Investment Management Asia Limited by Lehman Brothers Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd (In Liquidation) to Neuberger Breman Asia Holdings II LLC. Transfer of Lehman Brothers’ asset management business and assets in Hong Kong. Part of the liquidation of the assets of the seller by the appointed liquidators, KPMG Advisory Services Pte Ltd. Counsel to the sellers and KPMG.
- Sale of contract service outsourcing (CSO) business in 5 jurisdictions across the Asia Pacific region (namely Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand) by A. Menarini Group, a leading pharmaceutical company operating in 13 markets in the Asia Pacific region, to an Asian leading healthcare distributor. Counsel to the seller.
- Sale of shares in the Invida Group by Temasek Holdings, Quintiles and F. E. Zuellig to the Menarini Group, a leading European pharmaceutical conglomerate based in Florence, Italy. Counsel to the buyer.
- Sale of shares in Lonza Biologics Singapore Pte Ltd by Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd to Genentech Singapore Pte Ltd (a member of the Roche Group) for approximately US$290 million. Transfer of business and assets relating to a purified isophthalic acid manufacturing facility in Singapore. Counsel to the seller.
- Sale of shares in Lonza Singapore Pte Ltd by Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd to the Perstorp Group for approximately US$138 million. Transfer of business and assets relating to a cell culture biologic manufacturing facility in Singapore. Counsel to the seller.
- Advised clients such as Johnson & Johnson, the Health Promotion Board, Astellas Pharma, Fortis Healthcare, Religare, ISEC Healthcare, and other MNCs on matters relating to distribution, marketing and agency agreements, consultancy contracts, rental agreements, service contracts, manufacturing agreements, supply agreements, management agreements, research and development agreements and other commercial agreements.
- Acted for a variety of pharmaceutical companies in relation to the drafting and negotiation of outsourcing contracts, warehousing and logistics agreements, clinical trial agreements, and software development agreements.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Bar Council of Malaysia
- Independent Director, ISEC Healthcare Ltd
- Independent Director, A. Menarini Asia-Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd
- Co-Author, Singapore Chapter, Corporate M&A 2020 Global Practice Guide (Chambers and Partners)
- Co-Author, Singapore Chapter, Corporate M&A 2021 Global Practice Guide (Chambers and Partners)
- Co-Author, “A Comparative Overview of Distribution and Marketing of Drugs Across Asia-Pacific” (Lifesciences Asia-Pacific Network)
- Co-Author, “Legislation Passed in Parliament to Address Issues on Informed Consent and SMC Disciplinary Process” – Rajah & Tann Client Update October 2020
- Co-Author, “Telemedicine before, during and after COVID-19: Key Considerations and Issues” – Rajah & Tann Client Update June 2020
- Co-Author, “Human Tissue Framework in Effect From 1 November 2019” – Rajah & Tann Client Update November 2019
- Editor, Singapore chapter of the CCH publication 'Doing Business in Asia' (2002 – 2007)
- Author, A Guide to Foreign Investment in Vietnam (1994)