Debbie is a Partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore's Capital Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups.
She is a qualified Singapore (foreign lawyer) and an advocate and solicitor in Malaysia, and has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and general corporate and commercial transactions.
She has been involved in numerous cross-border transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and/or venture capital investments and initial public offerings within the region such as Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China and Hong Kong.
Debbie’s experience includes the following:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Moya Indonesia Holdings in a competitive bid to acquire the Acuatico group of companies (in the business of developing and operating water treatment facilities and associated distribution pipelines for the distribution of clean water in Indonesia) for an aggregate consideration of approximately US$92.87 million
- Acted for a client in its joint venture with Nova, a Shanghai-based property investment and asset management platform, with the client investing approximately US$675 million
- Acted for Digiasia Bios, a financial technology start-up company in Indonesia with a unique B2B2C approach, in its seed investment, Series A and Series B funding round
- Acted for Traveloka in its issuance of Series D Preference Shares to Expedia and other investors. The aggregate investment of the Series D financing is approximately USD400 million
- Acted for HL Granite Resources Pte. Ltd. (subsidiary of Hong Leong Asia group) in its acquisition of a quarry in Karimun, Indonesia
- Acted for Meiban Corporation in its partial divestment, and joint venture with Dymon Asia
- Acted for a Chinese company in its acquisition of an education group, Global EduHub
- Acted as local counsel for Wingtech Technology Co. Ltd. in its acquisition of a stake in Nexperia B.V.
- Acted for an Indonesian entity in its acquisition of 50% of the issued and paid up share capital of a Singapore company which had a stake in water treatment and water supply operator in Jakarta
- Acted for Asiaphos Limited in its renounceable non-underwritten rights issue of up to 112,664,875 new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company with up to 112,664,875 free detachable and transferable warrants
- Acted for the Dermatology and Surgery group in its initial public offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (“HKEx”)
- Acted for Hong Leong Asia in its general offer and privatization of Tasek Corporation Berhad on Bursa Malaysia
- Acted for the Hygieia Group Ltd in its initial public offering and listing on the HKEx
- Acted for the Raffles Interior Ltd in its initial public offering and listing on the HKEx
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar (2011 – 2016)
- Author, “Limited Liability Partnership Act 2012” (published as an article in CLJ’s legal network series article, 2014)