Lu Yueh is the Deputy Head of our Funds and Investment Management practice group, and practises securities law with an emphasis on investment management clients. She was called to the Singapore Bar in 2003.
She has been recognised as a leading lawyer (2013 to 2017) and Outstanding Younger Partner (2014) by Chambers Asia-Pacific, and has been recognised in Who's Who Legal as a leading lawyer in Private Funds (Formation). She is also recognised as one of Singapore’s most influential lawyers in the Singapore Business Review (SBR)'s 40 and Under Most Influential Lawyers 2016 report.
Lu Yueh regularly advises investment managers, investment funds and financial institutions on a range of matters, including the establishment of fund management and investment advisory operations in Singapore, domestic and offshore fund structuring and formation, domestic and international offerings of hedge funds, funds of funds and hybrid funds, and related regulatory and compliance matters.
In addition, she acts for various financial institutions and service providers to the wealth management and investment funds industries, such as administrators, custodians, trustees and underwriters, as well as for corporate and sovereign institutional investors in connection with their investments in investment funds and co-investments.
Lu Yueh also advises on a variety of corporate transactions, including seed capital arrangements and negotiations, public securities offerings and asset acquisitions and mergers.
Her experience includes:
- Advised clients on the establishment of fund management operations in Singapore, and the attendant regulatory requirements
- Advised clients on and acted as lead counsel for the formation and registration of various onshore and offshore funds
- Acted for a financial institution acting as trustee of multiple unit trusts in Singapore
- Advised a financial institution on several US$20 to US$25 million seed capital arrangements with various hedge funds and investment managers
- Acted for a fund manager in a US$30 million seed capital funding by a large financial institution
- Acted for a financial institution in several investments into private equity funds
- Acted as Singapore counsel in the establishment of several private equity funds
- Acted for a multi-billion dollar hedge fund in investments in Singapore-listed companies by way of issues of redeemable convertible bonds of aggregate principal amount of up to S$150 million
- Advised clients on a proposed US$50 million acquisition of a Singapore-based group engaged in construction and engineering businesses
- Acted for the global coordinator, financial adviser, joint lead managers, joint lead underwriters and joint bookrunners of the listing and initial public offering of Yanlord Land Group Limited, a PRC-focused developer, in Singapore, which raised approximately S$261 million
- Advised the Joint Lead Bookrunners and Underwriters and the Co-Lead Managers in the listing of Genting International Public Limited Company on the Singapore stock exchange and the Manager and Underwriters of a S$2.1 billion rights issue by Genting International Public Limited Company
- Acted for the global coordinator, joint lead managers, joint lead underwriters and co-lead managers of the listing and initial public offering of Genting International Public Limited Company, a group engaged in integrated resort and hospitality management, in Singapore, which raised approximately S$280 million
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Regulatory Committee of AIMA (Alternative Investment Management Association), Singapore
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Chapters Written For International Books
- International Survey of Investment Adviser Regulation, 2012 – Edited by Marcia L. MacHarg and Kenneth J. Berman – Co-Author of Singapore Chapter (Published by Wolters Kluwer)
- Co-author, "Structuring, Regulatory and Tax Guidance for Asia-Based Fund Managers Seeking to Raise Capital From U.S. Investors", The Hedge Fund Law Report