Lorena Pang is a Partner with the Capital Markets & Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP.
Lorena has been practicing mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance (including private equity and venture capital transactions), capital markets and general corporate transactions. She has been involved in many local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (where she has acted for clients in legal due diligence exercises, co-ordinating and managing cross border legal due diligence processes, and drafting and negotiating legal documentation including sale and purchase agreements, subscription agreements, joint venture agreements and shareholders’ agreements), divestments, corporate finance transactions and corporate restructuring exercises.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for Traveloka Holding Limited in Expedia, Inc.'s US$350 million minority investment in Traveloka, a leading Southeast Asian online travel company which is based in Indonesia, as well as Traveloka's other fund-raising rounds.
- Acted for a fintech start-up based in Indonesia, in its corporate restructuring and Series A financing round.
- Acted for a venture capital firm in its Series A investment in a company involved in an e-commerce marketplace platform in Indonesia.
- Acted for Massimo Zanetti Benerage Group SpA in its acquisition of the Boncafe group of companies in Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand and Middle East.
- Acted for ERGO International AG in its acquisition of the entire share capital of SHC Insurance Pte. Ltd.
- Acted for KGI Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in its acquisition of the entire share capital of Ong First Tradition Pte. Ltd., a leading futures broker .
- Acted for Hoegh Autoliners in its joint venture with Wallem Ship Management to manage vessels operated by Hoegh Autoliners.
- Acted for Fortis Healthcare International Pte. Limited in its acquisition of a majority stake in Radlink Asia Pte Ltd., an outpatient diagnostic and molecular imaging chain in Singapore.
- Acted for Fresenius Medical Care Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH in its acquisition of all the shares in Asia Renal Care, Ltd, which is the business of providing kidney dialysis and related services in the Asia Pacific region.
- Acted for Breadtalk Group Limited in its joint venture with CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. in respect of Carl’s Junior restaurants in certain provinces in the PRC.
- Acted for Hoegh Autoliners AS in its joint venture with CSC Enterprises Development (H.K.) Co., Limited in the business of the short sea – PCTC operation for transportation of cars.
- Acted for Fortis Asia Healthcare Pte. Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fortis Healthcare (India) Ltd., listed on the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd and the BSE Limited) in its acquisition of all the issued shares in Fortis Healthcare International Pte. Limited, from RHC Financial Services (Mauritius) Ltd.
- Acted for The Lexicon Group Limited, a company listed on the Catalist, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Elektromotive Ltd, a UK company which supplies electric vehicle charging stations.
- Acted for the shareholders of Systems@Work Pte Ltd, a technology company in the field of electronic payments, in the sale of all their shares in Systems@Work Pte Ltd to Trustpay International GmbH (a subsidiary of the Wirecard Group).
- Acted for a potential purchaser in respect of the acquisition of all the shares in West Point Hospital Pte Ltd, in a competitive bid.
- Acted for a potential purchaser in respect of the acquisition of a minority stake in a company engaged in the business of operating a fuel oil storage terminal on Jurong Island, in a competitive bid.
- Acted for a potential purchaser, who is a leader in international education providing world-class university access and English language programmes, in respect of the acquisition of all the shares in PSB Academy Pte Ltd, in a competitive bid.
- Acted for a potential purchaser in respect of the acquisition of a minority stake in Surbana Corporation Pte Ltd which is in the business of developing townships, in a competitive bid.
- Acted for a potential purchaser in respect of the acquisition of all the shares in Senoko Power Limited, in a competitive bid.
- Acted for AmorePacific Singapore, a Korean cosmetics conglomerate, in its acquisition of the business and assets of a Singapore cosmetics company relating to “Etude House” cosmetic products.
- Acted for Aequitas Holdings AS (a subsidiary of Höegh Autoliners Ltd) in its acquisition of all the shares in Maersk Shipping Singapore Pte. Ltd. (now known as Hoegh Autoliners Shipping Pte. Ltd.).
- Acted for Nortel Networks Singapore in the sale of assets relating to its Enterprise Solutions business, pursuant to the global sale by the Nortel Networks group of its Enterprise Solutions business unit to Avaya Inc.
- Acted for Nortel Networks Singapore in the sale of its assets and undertakings pursuant to the global sale of the optical networking solutions and carrier ethernet switching segments of Nortel Networks Corporation’s “Metro Ethernet Networks” business to Ciena Corporation.
- Acted for Nortel Networks Singapore in the sale of its assets and undertakings pursuant to the global sale by the Nortel Group of its Carrier VoIP Application Solutions business to GENBAND Inc.
- Acted for a fund company in its acquisition of a Cayman company holding interests in certain PRC companies engaged in the business of the breeding and sale of cattle and sale of dairy products in the PRC.
- Acted for Schoeller Arca Systems Services B.V., a member of the Schoeller Arca Systems Group which is engaged in the business of research, development, manufacturing and marketing of plastic material handling products, in its joint venture with an Indian entity engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of composite bulk containers.
Capital Markets and General Corporate Commercial
- Acted for Grand Banks Yachts Limited in its renounceable non-underwritten rights issue of up to 57,669,750 new ordinary shares.
- Acted for the Asian entities in the Nortel Networks group in relation to a consensual internal debt restructuring with the non-Asian entities in the Nortel Networks group.
- Advised United Technologies Corporation in relation to its internal reorganization with respect to certain of its entities in Singapore.
- Acted for Qatar Telecom (Qtel) QSC in relation to its shareholders’ loans, which are convertible into redeemable preference shares, to a Singapore subsidiary for the purposes of funding a tender offer by Qatar Telecom (Qtel) QSC, through the Singapore subsidiary, to acquire shares in PT Indosat Tbk, a public listed company domiciled in Jakarta.
- Acted for MediaRing Ltd, a Singapore listed company, in relation to the grant by MediaRing Ltd to GlobalRoam Group Ltd, whose shares are quoted on OTC Capital, of a term loan, and the issue by GlobalRoam to MediaRing of warrants, which are exercisable into preferred shares.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore