Jin Rui is a Partner in Rajah & Tann Singapore's practice groups of Mergers & Acquisitions and Regional Practice.
Jin Rui's core areas of practice are in mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, venture capital financing and fundraising, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and general corporate, commercial and employment law.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised I Squared Capital in its concurrent acquisitions of Infofabrica and Cloud Kinetics and subsequent restructuring and merger into a consolidated group providing cloud migration and managed services.
- Advised Vitol Marine in its 100% acquisition of Singapore bunkering specialist Sinanju Tankers Holdings.
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation and Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd in their corporate joint venture and acquisition of shares from Yinson Holdings Berhad in an FPSO project in Brazil.
- Advised Stamped.io in its sale of business and assets to WeCommerce, a TSXV-listed ecommerce company, for a purchase consideration of up to US$110m.
- Advised NewQuest Capital Partners in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Cosmos-Maya from KKR-backed Emerald Media.
- Advised founders of BLK J in the disposal of a controlling stake to Havas Group.
- Advised Hind Group in its disposal of 100% of Naumi Services, which owns the Naumi Liora hotel in Singapore to 8M Real Estate, a property investment group, at a consideration of S$76.5m.
- Advised Frasers Property Limited in its disposal of 100% of the share capital in Frasers Hospitality Investment Holding Philippines which indirectly owns 69 condominium units operated as "Fraser Place Manila" serviced apartments in Manila to Bond Capital Partners at a consideration of S$45.3m.
- Advised the founder of Helius Technologies in his sale of 51% of shares in the company to TechnoPro Holdings, a staffing services Japanese company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, for S$32 million.
- Advised STMicroelectronics, Europe's largest semiconductor chip maker, in its sale of shares in Veredus Laboratories to Sekisui Chemical which is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Advised Oxley Holdings Limited, an SGX-listed property developer, in its acquisition of 100% of Centra Cove, a real estate development and investment holding company, for S$16.2 million.
- Advised SLB Development Ltd, an SGX-listed property developer, in its disposal of 100% of the share capital of Wellprime Pte. Ltd. which owns a freehold industrial property in Geylang for approximately S$13.5 million.
- Advised Tessa Therapeutics in its Series E fundraising round of US$130 million.
- Advised IF3 Capital, a Singapore-based investment fund, in its investment into a silicon photonics company majority-owned by A*STAR.
- Advised OneBerry Technologies, a Singapore-based security firm, in its S$30 million Series A fundraising round led by CMIA Capital Partners.
- Advised online grocer, HappyFresh, in its US$20 million Series C fundraising round, and post-Series C bridge financing round by Samena Groceries Holdings and Naver Corporation.
- Advised Economic Development of Singapore (EDB) New Ventures in its venture debt investment in Next Gen Foods.
- Advised Economic Development of Singapore (EDB) New Ventures in its venture debt investment in Storms, a joint venture among SingTel, AIS and SK Telecom.
- Advised Provident Capital in its co-investment with the International Finance Corporation in GoPay's Series A / GoJek's Series F fundraising round.
- Advised Provident Capital in its investment in Pomelo Fashion Pte. Ltd. during its Series C fundraising round.
- Advised Corstone Asia, a Korean private equity fund, in its KRW 30 billion investment in Qoo10.
- Advised Marketnode, a joint venture between SGX and Temasek Holdings, on its investment in and partnership with Covalent Capital.
- Advised DocDoc, a medical technology start-up based in South-east Asia, in its pre-Series B bridge round.
- Advised Kaodim Group, a Malaysia-based start-up, in its Series B fundraising round by Square Peg Capital and SIG Asia Investment.
- Advised Shohoz, a Bangladesh-based ridesharing and ticketing platform, in its US$15m pre-Series B fundraising round led by Golden Gate Ventures and Vostok New Ventures.
- Advised Circles Life, a Singapore digital telco, in its Series A fundraising round.
- Advised Sunday Ins, a Southeast Asia-based InsurTech startup, in its US$9m pre-Series B bridge round by investors including SCB10X, LINE Ventures, Vertex Ventures and Quona Capital.
- Advised global IT services company, UST Global, as lead investor in the US$5.2m Series A fundraising round of MyDoc, a healthtech start-up.
- Advised Quona Capital as lead investor in the pre-Series A fundraising round of Bukuwarung, a financial solutions platform.
- Advised Mobile Internet Capital, a Japanese VC fund focused on tech startups in Japan and US, in its investment in the Series A2 fundraising round of iSTOX, a blockchain-based capital markets platform.
- Advised PT Esensi Solusi Buana, a restaurant technology platform, in its Series A fundraising round led by Beenext and AC Ventures.
- Advised Insignia Ventures Partners as lead investor in the seed fundraising round of Float Foods.
- Advised Mistletoe Inc in its investments in Skin Inc Global, a beauty and skincare company, and Craft Health, a start-up producing personalised medicines and supplements.
- Advised SGX in its joint venture with Temasek Holdings to set up Marketnode, Asia-Pacific’s first exchange-led digital asset venture.
- Advised Pintec Technology Holdings, a NASDAQ-listed FinTech company, in its joint venture with UOB Ltd for the provision of credit services and solutions in Singapore.
- Advised 800 Super and GAEA Waste Management in their joint venture to carry on waste collection and transportation business in Cambodia.
- Advised M17 Entertainment Limited in its joint venture with a partner to carry on the business of video entertainment and live streaming services.
- Advised Petroleum Trade Lao Public Company in its joint venture with Puma Energy, a subsidiary of Trafigura Group, for the supply and distribution of fuel in Laos.
- Advised Sony Life Insurance in its joint venture with Starts Securities to carry on financial advisory business in Singapore.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Co-Author, Relevance and Use of VIMA Documents in Southeast Asia, Venture Capital Investment Model Agreements (VIMA) Handbook (2020)