Craig Paynter specialises in delivering structuring solutions for Asian business families with multi-class, multi-jurisdictional, asset holdings, including family businesses as well as private wealth family trusts.
His clients include most of Singapore's major professional trustees and private banks as well as private client ultra-high net worth individuals, families and corporations looking to achieve an efficient multi-jurisdictional mechanism to hold and eventually pass on their assets.
Notable Cases & Transactions
- Instructed regularly by almost all of Singapore's (and a significant number of Hong Kong's) major professional trustees to draft trust deeds, supplemental deeds, letters of wishes and memoranda of advice for their client structures. (this does not include the practice of Singapore trust law).
- Retained as legal counsel to one of Singapore's licensed accountancy firms to advise on their internal implementation of the OECD's Common Reporting Standard as well as ongoing monitoring and classification of client structures.
- Instructed by one of the Philippines' top five wealthiest individuals to advise on his succession issues including reviewing his family trust, inheritance plan and corporate joint venture agreements.
- Instructed by a billionaire Indian family to implement a business family governance structure to deal with succession to multiple family businesses operated jointly between family members.
- Acted for one of Indonesia's top ten wealthiest individuals to review his personal and corporate asset holding structures and advise on a modernised structure to deal with inheritance issues, taxation issues and ongoing operational issues. Advice included advising on the most efficient way to transition between the current structure and the new structure.