Celeste Lee is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Commercial Practice.
Celeste's area of specialisation includes general corporate and employment law, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and start-ups. Prior to joining the Firm, she was with the mergers and acquisitions practice group in another big four firm and a senior legal counsel with the consumer banking business in Standard Chartered Bank.
Notable Cases & Transactions
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments in its investment in education group Ednovation, involving a divesture of Tembusu Partners' interests in Ednovation.
- Acted for a consortium led by Mizuho Asia Partners and Aura Group in its acquisition of the Anytime Fitness Asia master franchise.
- Acted for Baring Private Equity Asia in the sale of its stake in PSB Academy to Intermediate Capital Group.
- Represented Vitol Group in its acquisition of the bunkering business of Sinanju Tankers group.
- Represented a consortium in a competitive bid for the acquisition of a majority stake in Drydocks World Southeast Asia.
- Acted for Dutch conglomerate Philips in the restructuring of its lighting solutions and health-tech business in 11 countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Represented SATS Ltd. in its joint venture with BRF GmbH for the processing, manufacturing and distribution of meat and branded food products in Singapore.
- Represented Singapore Food Industries Pte Ltd and Delaware North Companies Australia Pty Ltd in their successful joint consortium bid for the catering and food and beverages contract with Singapore SportsHub.
- Acted for a Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corporation and Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation in their acquisition of the enterprise solutions and integration business of CSC Asia Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Acted for a Japanese conglomerate Itochu Petroleum Co., (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in its joint venture with India stock exchange listed Aegis Logistics Ltd for LPG sourcing and supply business in India.
- Represented the sellers in the sale of leading brands Vintec and Transtherm wine cabinets businesses in Asia Pacific to Electrolux.
- Acted for PetroChina Company Limited in its S$3.2 billion takeover and compulsory acquisition of Singapore Petroleum Company Limited.
- Acted for OCBC Bank in its acquisition of the Asian private banking business of ING for US$1.4 billion.
- Represented Rocket Internet in its investments in various startups in the region.
- Represented Tessa Therapeutics in its Series E fundraising round with investors including Temasek and Far East Ventures.
- Represented the investors including Maj Invest and Asia Summit Capital in their Series D investment in e-commerce company Berrybenka.
- Acted as Singapore counsel to Tiger Global Management in its Series B investment in Singapore-based warehouse automation startup Grey Orange Robotics.
- Represented EV Growth in its Series B investment in Singapore home care startup Homage.
- Advised online grocer service provider HappyFresh in its Series A financing from investors including Vertex Venture Holdings (as lead investor), Sinarmas Digital Ventures, Beenext Pte Ltd and 500 Startups.
- Advised online dating app Paktor Pte. Ltd. in its Series B financing from investors including Vertex Venture Holdings (as lead investor), Convergence Ventures, Majuven Fund and PT Senjaya.
- Represented Transcelestial in its seed funding and Series A financing round which included investors Entrepreneur First, Seeds Capital, EDB Investments, Wavemaker, Kickstart and Airbus Ventures.
- Represented SQ4.0 in its seed funding round which included investors Innovation Endeavours and Two Sigma Ventures. .
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore