Celeste Lee is a partner in the Firm's Corporate Commercial Practice Group.
Celeste's area of specialisation includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate and employment law. Prior to joining the Firm, she was with the mergers and acquisitions practice group in another big four firm and a senior legal counsel with the consumer banking business in Standard Chartered Bank.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments in its investment in education group Ednovation, involving a divesture of Tembusu Partners' interests in Ednovation.
- Lead counsel to Dutch conglomerate Philips in the restructuring of its lighting solutions and healthtech business in 11 countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Represented Japanese leading digital agency Septeni Holdings in its acquisition of digital marketing agency Lion & Lion.
- Represented Japanese consulting firm Yamada Business Consulting in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Spire Research and Consulting Group.
- Represented international security specialist Guardforce on the acquisition of G4S's cash management business in Thailand.
- Represented the sellers in the sale of leading brands Vintec and Transtherm wine cabinets businesses in Asia Pacific to Electrolux.
- Represented Singapore pharmaceutical manufacturer ICM Pharma in its investment in Dutch company Alloksys Life Sciences to support clinical trials for a new drug for cardiothoracic surgery.
- Represented SATS Ltd. in its joint venture with BRF GmbH for the processing, manufacturing and distribution of meat and branded food products in Singapore.
- Represented Singapore Food Industries Pte Ltd and Delaware North Companies Australia Pty Ltd in their successful joint consortium bid for the catering and food and beverages contract with Singapore SportsHub.
- Lead counsel to Japanese conglomerate Itochu Corporation and Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation in their acquisition of the enterprise solutions and integration business of CSC Asia Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Lead counsel to Japanese conglomerate Itochu Petroleum Co., (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in its joint venture with India stock exchange listed Aegis Logistics Ltd for LPG sourcing and supply business in India.
- Singapore counsel to Japanese electric and energy management company Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of Singapore electric switchgear manufacturer SMB Electric Pte Ltd.
- Represented the sellers in the sale of software consultancy and systems integration company Sierra Solutions Pte. Ltd. to CAC Holdings Corporation.
- Represented the sellers in the sale of leading Singapore food distributor Q.B Food Trading Pte. Ltd. to Johnsonville Sausage, LLC.
- Represented Japanese conglomerate Kamei Corporation in its acquisition of the Lee Huat Yap Kee group of companies, a major distribution group in the storage, delivery and supply of marine lubricating oil in Singapore.
- Lead counsel to PetroChina Company Limited in its S$3.2 billion takeover and compulsory acquisition of Singapore Petroleum Company Limited.
- Lead counsel to OCBC Bank in its acquisition of the Asian private banking business of ING for US$1.4 billion.
- Represented Heng Long International Ltd in its S$160 million takeover and compulsory acquisition by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton S.A.
- Represented Eng Kong Holdings Limited in its S$77 million takeover and compulsory acquisition by Navis Capital Partners Limited.
- Represented a consortium in a competitive bid for the acquisition of a majority stake in Drydocks World Southeast Asia.
- Represented the investors including Maj Invest and Asia Summit Capital in their Series D investment in e-commerce company Berrybenka.
- Singapore counsel to Tiger Global Management in its Series B investment in Singapore-based warehouse automation startup Grey Orange Robotics.
- Advised online grocer service provider HappyFresh in its Series A financing from investors including Vertex Venture Holdings (as lead investor), Sinarmas Digital Ventures, Beenext Pte Ltd and 500 Startups.
- Advised online dating app Paktor Pte. Ltd. in its Series B financing from investors including Vertex Venture Holdings (as lead investor), Convergence Ventures, Majuven Fund and PT Senjaya.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Co-contributor to the chapter on Take-overs and Mergers in the Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore Volume 17 (Securities) (2010 revised edition)